Associate Electronic Engineer
Galway Municipal District - This Area Only
Job Summary: This is an exciting opportunity for a recent Electronic graduate to work as part of the Aerogen R&D Team. This position is responsible for developing, building and testing of electromechanical products. Furthermore the position is responsible for documenting these activities in line with the company's product and process development procedures. This role enables the successful candidate to develop their engineering skills in a market leading medical device company.
During periods of absence the Product Development Manager and other Senior members of the team have the authority to act on behalf of the Electronic Engineer in any and all matters other than those that cannot be delegated.
• As part of the Electronic Engineering team, working on new and existing product design projects.
• Support project teams in general activities related to ongoing product design & development.
• Excellent communication skills including the ability to write and present technical reports
• Liaise closely with the R&D, Science, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Sales and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
• Responsible for setting up processes and systems within test laboratories
• Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product system or component failure.
• Generate design specifications, test protocols, execute testing and associated test reports.
• Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
• Work with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, systems and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
• Bachelor of Engineering in Electronic/Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or similar discipline
• Minimum of 2 years in an Electronic Engineering or equivalent discipline
• Enjoys understanding technical problems, and finding lasting solutions.
• Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with good interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of Orcad Schematic Capture & Layout would be an advantage.
• Typical office environment, development labs and manufacturing areas.
• Some travel may be required with the role (20%)
Minimum of 2 years in an Electronic Engineering or equivalent discipline
Posted 20 days ago