General Assistant - Hygiene
An amazing opportunity has become available for an experienced hygienist to join our Newrest team at London Heathrow. We are looking for a skilled hygienist to clean and maintain our London Heathrow unit. You will be joining an outstanding and progressive business with one team ethic that aspires to “achieve excellence in everything we do”. This will be an exciting journey with many opportunities for you to contribute and grow, personally and professionally. Flexibility is vital as you will work a range of shift patterns and in return receive a competitive salary plus excellent benefits such as our company pension plan, free parking on site, 28 days paid annual leave including bank holidays, excellent training and development opportunities, meals on duty, valeted uniform and many more.
- To clean each area of the unit in accordance to the cleaning schedule
- Ensure each area of the unit has a monthly deep clean in accordance with the cleaning schedule
- Manage chemicals to ensure the correct dosage is used
- Ensure all chemicals are kept locked in the chemicals cupboard when not in use
- Cleaning up any spills immediately to avoid slips, trips and falls
- Ensure correct signage is displayed at all times, to inform staff of cleaning and the potential risk
- Work involve reasonable lifting of heavy and or bulky objects within the published health & safety guidelines on manual handling
- The ability to be an effective ambassador for Newrest at all times and whilst wearing uniform off duty.
- Minimum 1 years of experience in cleaning within a catering environment
- Basic, literacy and numeracy skills
- Good team work skills
- Operational awareness, understand of HACCP, COSHH, DDA, Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and DFT requirements. (role specific)
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm and the ability to work calmly under pressure.
Location: London Heathrow
Salary: Competitive salary
With origins in Group Catair in 1996, and founded by its Co-CEO’s Olivier Sadran and Jonathan Stent-Torriani, Newrest is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments including airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail.
With 2017 revenues under management of almost 1.8 Billion Euros Newrest employs more than 30,800 employees world-wide in 49 countries.
Newrest is committed to constant improvement and innovation for its clients, the well-being and progress of its employees and managers, a sustainable and durable development of the company, and total respect of social and environmental values in all of its activities
Posted 3 days ago