Head Office Pharmacist
London, Greater London, England
£40K - £45K (Depending on experience)
Head Office Pharmacist
Permanent, full time / Part Time (3 days a week)
Salary: £40-£45 (Depending on experience)
- Do you have experience supporting clinicians and teams to prescribe safely, effectively and efficiently?
- Are you experienced in the management of biologics, systemics, DMARDS, immunosuppressive, retinoids and other dermatology speciality drugs?
- Can you analyse data and monitor the prescribing of medications?
- Do you have medicines management and medicines optimisation experience?
If you have the above skills, then we would love to hear from you! We are looking for an experienced and knowledgeable Pharmacist with experience of medicines management and optimisation to work within our Dermatology services at DMCs Head Office. You will come from a Hospital or perhaps CCG background where you have done medicines management work. In this role you will be responsible for controlling and managing high cost drugs in our dermatology service.
DMC Healthcare are a trusted provider of services to the NHS and deliver Primary Care services on behalf of the NHS, Dermatology Services, Community Services and Radiology Reporting across the UK. Our skilled and compassionate staff have helped us develop a brilliant reputation among clinicians, patients, commissioners and communities alike.
We can be flexible about how this role will work. You may be looking for a full-time position, you may be looking for 3 days a week to fit around other professional commitments, or you may want to take up additional clinical prescribing work at some of our practices.
As our Head Office Pharmacist, you will be working within DMC Healthcares Dermatology team, based at our Head Office in South East London. The main function of this role is to manage and monitor the medications within our Dermatology services. You will have previous medication management and optimisation experience and will have been previously a Pharmacist or Medicines Manager.
The successful candidates responsibilities will include;
- Assess high risk drugs and alert our teams of issues or concerns
- Working with our Clinical lead, Clinical Pathways lead and Group Medical Director to ensure up to date practice and policies
- To review ePACT data for each contract
- Create and manage the formulary for DMC Dermatology with possible minor variances for each CCG
- Review prescribing of Isotretinoin and other high-risk medicines
- Setting out shared care agreements
Analyse data and monitor prescribing of medications against standards
- Review formularies in specific CCGs which we work with to ensure we prescribe within their guidelines for dermatology
- Audits of prescribing practice
- Establish systems linked to governance
- Review medications that are in our spec to see which are the most cost effective along with our clinical lead in dermatology
We are looking or an experienced Pharmacist with previous experience in Medicine Management and Medicine Optimisation. You may be a pharmacist or a technician to be successful in this role. You will look to embrace the latest technology to support you in your role as well as receiving support from the wider team.
- Previous medication management and medicine optimisation experience
- Provide satisfactory references for the preceding three-year period
- Appointment is subject to satisfactory health and DBS clearance
DMC Healthcare are a successful and trusted provider of NHS services across England and Scotland. We have grown rapidly in the past decade from a single Dulwich practice to a team of over 400 employees dedicated to giving patients the very best in care.
The Head Office Pharmacist post is based at our Head Office in South London (SE15). As part of the benefits package you will be entitled to 25 days annual leave plus the standard 8 Bank Holidays.
As part of our employment process, you will be required to complete the appropriate level DBS check.
Equality and Diversity Statement The company supports the principle of Equality and Diversity in employment wholeheartedly and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This job advert may close as soon as sufficient suitable applications have been received. If interested please apply for this post as soon as possible
Your submitted application maybe imported into our preferred Third party recruitment system. By applying for this post you are agreeing to DMC Healthcare transferring the information within this application to its preferred applicant management system. If you are offered a job, information will also be transferred into the DMC Electronic Staff Records system.
Posted 14 days ago