Volunteer Woodwork Sidekick - Trowbridge, Wiltshire
We support a local gentleman with a learning disability who loves woodwork, and with the support of staff he uses his creativity and talent to make wonderful pieces. However, he would really benefit from the support of a volunteer with woodwork experience. Someone who was able to pass on tips and techniques, and support with his woodworking.
He’s also interested in the theatre and classical music concerts. We hope that as a Volunteer Sidekick you will help him to enjoy his interests more often, as well as bringing companionship and fun.
You will get to know the gentleman alongside Mencap staff, and we believe having a volunteer sidekick will make a huge difference to his wellbeing and happiness.
To be a Woodwork Sidekick you need to:
- Be ovver 18 years of age
- Have knowledge and experience of woodwork
- Have a good sense of humour
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be good at communicating and listening
- Be able to volunteer 2 - 4 hours a fortnight
This is a flexible volunteering role and will mostly be determined by the people we support. We are also asking that you commit to at least 6 months of volunteering
Please click on the Role Profile tab at the bottom of this page for more information about the role.
You can apply by either:
- Downloading an application form by clicking on the Additional Information tab. Completing the form and emailing it Applying onlineby clicking the Apply tab. Please note that you need to register first before you apply. You can find application instructions by clicking the Additional Information tab.
If you have any questions or concerns your application has not been received then please contact Mencap's Volunteering Team
Posted 8 days ago