Support Worker Home & Community
£9.32 - £9.55 per hour + See Job Spec
Would you like to join an awardwinning, accredited charitable organisation, who work closely with vulnerable people to help them achieve a fulfilling life? We provide housing related support for homeless and vulnerable people, assisting them towards living independently.
We are committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults. The successful applicant will be subject to an advanced DBS check. We strive to be an equal opportunities employer.
We believe that all employees are the heart and soul of us. We want to invest in you, to ensure that you feel valued as we believe happy staff equals a happy workplace and this will contribute to a successful Charity. Why not join our team, all staff receive the following benefits:
- 24 days holiday increasing to 29 days with over 5 years service. Bank Holidays are in addition to this
- Comprehensive induction Training
- Access to awardwinning training and development My Learning Cloud
- Generous sick pay when 6month probation is completed
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support Via Mindful Employer Plus
- Accredited Disability Confident Employer
- Staff Work Perks
We are lucky to have a rich network of staff, ambassadors, trustees and patrons who work hard to ensure that we provide the best level of support possible. For this, we need inspirational people.
We are looking for a dedicated Support Workers. Various Hours available.This position calls for a flexible approach and will involve the delivery of all aspects of Care promoting independence whilst ensuring their dignity and at all times, Support aimed at assisting clients to maintain their accommodation, enabling a fulfilling a life.
We provide a personalised service which is always tailored to meet the individual needs of the client. Our Support Workers are fully trained to work with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health.
We work with our clients to reduce social barriers to enable them to live fulfilling lives and achieve their personal goals and aspirations.
Various hours available at an hourly rate of £9.32 £9.55ph after a successful probation period.
All applicants are required to be flexible, working on a shift rota pattern including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
All applicants are required to have access to a road worthy vehicle with business insurance.
Care Support Worker Main Responsibilities:
- To support clients as set out in the support plan, which may include leisure and social activities
- To assist with practical social care tasks in the home, to include menu planning, cooking, shopping, budgeting and money management, benefit claims, managing a tenancy and dealing with correspondence and bills
- To work towards independence with personal care needs
- To Support and encourage a healthy diet and lifestyle
- To support with medication and attending medical appointments
- To support with travel training, promoting confidence and independence
- To be responsible for developing support plans and risk management plans within set timescales
- To be proactive in supporting clients achieve their goals and outcomes
- To support clients to build social skills used to develop successful relationships
- To attend and take an active role in staff meetings and client forums
- Promote and support clients to maintain relationships outside of the home with residents families, friends and within the local community
- Maintain confidentiality in respect of clients and staff and ACC&S as an organisation at all times.
- Adhere to the Lone Working policies and all other Policies and procedures at all times with regard to confidentiality, equal opportunities, antidiscrimination and health and safety
- To attend regular supervision and appraisals and be responsible to your Line Manager.
- To maintain the code of conduct and dress code and maintain professional boundaries at all times.
- To adopt a flexible and willing approach to any further duties not listed that may be considered reasonable within the general area of activity
Support Worker Care Support Worker Learning Disabilities Mental Health Autism
- Understanding and knowledge of adults with learning difficulties.
- Good Knowledge of preparing Risk Assessments and Care plans.
- To be able to cover on a flexible rota, to include some evenings, weekends, Bank Holidays and sleepins.
- Keen and selfmotivated attitude.
- Ability to support the Homes manager and team, to ensure maintenance records required by government legislation are upheld and in date, e.g. fire records, health and safety, COSHH, medication and clients files.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Encourage the clients to work towards achieving their goals.
We have some of the most dedicated and enthusiastic staff and volunteers that you could ever meet and if youre interested in helping vulnerable people to achieve their goals, there could be a place here for you too.
Posted 31 days ago