Manchester, Greater Manchester
£27000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
Salary: £27,000 £30,000
Benefits: 6% Pension company contribution, Dental care, Uniform, loyalty bonus (after 2 years service), 20 days holiday per year (increasing by 1 day per year to a maximium of 25 days)
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time (Monday Friday 45 hours per week )
Rhenus Lupprians is a specialist logistics solutions company providing specialist transport, engineering, warehousing and management for medical, computer, print and other hitech industries.
Through a continuous investment in technology solutions and logistical resources, we have built a foundation of knowledge and expertise that enables the business to deliver an unrivalled range of valueadded logistics services.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Supervisor to join our team based in Manchester, Trafford Park.
Reporting to the Depot Manager, the Operations Supervisor will take ownership of the daytoday planning and management of a team of multi skilled warehouse and transport operatives.
The Operations Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all customers goods are accurately transacted, handled, stored and maintained on the warehouse management system (WMS). The site handles a variation of high tech equipment, which necessitates extreme care and attention from receipt to loading.
* Manage the daytoday warehouse operation, making the most efficient use of resources available. Arrange work rotas and shift structures to ensure correct coverage.
* Ensure that workplace Health and Safety requirements are adhered to and Health & Safety checks are completed as required.
* Motivation of team to create a productive and harmonious environment.
* Organise the warehouse areas, making the best and most efficient use of space, taking into account customer, company and product requirements.
* Ensure that all procedures are followed and detailed records are kept, for Goods In, Goods Out, Quarantine and all other processes.
* Ensure that all warehouse activities are closely managed.
* React to any issues immediately and follow escalation procedure.
* Maintain and develop SOPs, constantly review processes and systems, make recommendations for improvements, implement process changes.
* Organise all warehouse activities & assign jobs to appropriately skilled personnel.
* Oversee all stock control transactions.
* Ensure that scheduled stock checks are undertaken and all discrepancies are reported.
* Investigate and report any warehouse issues damaged/missing stock, loading issues etc.
* Implement corrective actions that come from investigations of issues.
* Undertake quarterly audits, weekly inspections and safety tours.
* Take responsibility for the security of the building.
* Maintain housekeeping of warehouse and yard.
* Monitor and achieve relevant KPI targets.
* Identify cost reduction measures where possible in all aspects of warehouse.
* Ensure the daily job tracker report is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
* Ensure all daily pick checks are completed.
* Fulfil additional warehouse operation requirements as necessary.
* Provide cover for Depot Manager.
* Conduct personal development reviews with staff.
* Carry out disciplinary investigations as required.
* Oversee the daily transport requirements for the depot.
* Ensure that all transport requests are scheduled using the correct resources.
* Identify and implement transport efficiency opportunities.
* Provide occasional cover for scheduler when required.
* Ensure clear communication between transport team, warehouse teams and customer service teams.
* Maintain transport staff skills matrix.
* Work with Depot Manager and scheduler to ensure that vehicles are maintained correctly.
* Provide innovative and cost effective solutions to support urgent client requirements.
* Monitor and report on vehicle productivity identify cost trends.
* Ensure that all vehicles are equipped with appropriate tools/tackle.
* Carry out disciplinary investigations as required.
* Setting up and negotiating transport rates with subcontractors.
Key skills & experience required
* Experience as a Warehouse Supervisor in a high tech warehouse environment.
* Hands on warehouse management skills but ability to delegate and direct operations.
* A good understanding of high tech transport operations.
* Excellent IT and warehouse systems knowledge.
* Commercially astute.
* Strong communications skills are essential.
* Good level of education.
* A strong people manager with good team ethic but ability to work on own initiative.
* A Flexible and Cando attitude
* Knowledge of warehouse and transport health and safety legislation.
* Warehouse admin, stock control including perpetual stock checks and reporting.
* Reach truck licence, counter balance licence and full driving licence.
* Previous experience of managing teams and driving operational improvement.
* People development skills.
To be considered for this position, please click Apply to submit your CV and covering letter detailing why you think you are suitable for this position.
All Applications must be submitted by 17:30hrs on 25th October 2019
If you do not hear from the HR Department within 2 weeks of submitting your application, then you have not been successful on this occasion.
Posted 13 days ago