Orion Group are looking for an eCommerce Manager for our multinational pharmaceutical client based in the Berkshire area on an initial 12-month contract with the potential to extend.
- The Senior eCommerce and Scale Manager, Northern Europe leads the implementation and adoption of best-in-class scalable eCommerce capabilities, solutions and processes. You will partner closely with regional and local partners across Marketing, the ecommerce Customer team and IT to embed and operationalise capabilities within the business to drive eCommerce sales growth, deliver compelling shopping experiences, purchase intent, conversion and align with business and marketing objectives and strategies.
- The Northern European Digital, Media & Scale Team is central to the Northern Europe marketing department, working across all brands and all six NE markets. They build and deploy expertise across the organisation, allowing the business to stay ahead in areas such as precision marketing and ecommerce. As a global lead market in areas such as Ecommerce the role will have extensive interactions with both regional and global teams.
Main Responsibilities of the role
- Drive key capabilities: Path to purchase understanding, digital shelf, ratings and reviews, A+ retailer content and imagery, working alongside key partners and agencies
- Support new business and scale opportunities: Advancing Nordic capabilities, e-pharmacy and direct to consumer
- The key partner for ecommerce customer leads: Expert called upon to present at key customer meetings to secure creative and ground-breaking opportunities
- Develop eCommerce media strategy across brands including search strategies working alongside the Media agency
- Drive media conversion, with laser focus on value and optimisation
- Key lead on Channel integration and issues management within marketing, working closely with EMEA teams
- Organise training for the brand teams on areas of ecommerce
- Lead and manage the marketing Amazon relationship
- Ensure that the appropriate Ecommerce tactics and budgets are within each brand plan
- Lead the client's scale programme demonstrating the total portfolio to deliver bigger baskets
- Own strategy to scale the client portfolio including: approach, priorities and initiatives and execution
- Ensure a close partnership with the marketing team to deliver cross category opportunities
- Champion the scale approach throughout the business to drive support and execution
- Continue to develop and grow the relationship with the media agency to deliver media opportunities
- Partnering with the commercial ecommerce lead to significantly upskill the marketing and commercial team on Ecommerce, as well as leading the Ecommerce Spike within the teams, with a focus on driving at pace
Desired Experience and Background of the successful candidate
- Knowledge of AMS / AAP / AMG (Amazon Marketing)
- Knowledge of pure play and brick n click businesses
- Strong analytical skills
- Ecommerce commercial knowledge
- Knowledge of Amazon Marketplace / Ebay / DTC
- Lead and develop a new marketing Ecommerce team of one direct report
- Work with global, regional and local teams to develop scalable best practice through influence and relationship building
- Work closely with the broader Digital, Media and Scale team and Brand teams
- Develop and communicate our ecommerce and scale strategy in a motivating and inspiring way, driving the teams to action
We need both the functional (the WHAT) and the Leadership capabilities (the HOW) to drive our Ecommerce opportunity across Northern Europe
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 41 days ago