Senior Oracle HR & Payroll Consultant
Support Revolution provides Oracle and SAP customers with best-in-class software support and maintenance, replacing the service from the manufacturer's and ensuring every customer saves a minimum of 50% on support costs.
Headquartered in the UK, with offices in India, Dubai and Moscow, we bring an unrivalled depth of knowledge and experience to every customer. Support teams are on hand 24/7 to provide a bespoke and technically excellent service, going far above and beyond what you’d expect from a support partner.
As one of only three vendors recommended globally by Gartner, we are growing rapidly.
Tired of working for old fashioned IT firms? We can help, so apply to Support Revolution and start a journey with an organisation that feels young, fun and most of all that is very excited about where we are going.
Our Solution Development team needs skilled consultants who are confident, self-starters and have excellent communication skills. They need to ensure that they are comfortable in taking on new challenges that may be outside their comfort zone, as we work at the forefront of technology.
The role will be part of the Solution Development team in which there is a very strong culture of teamwork, cooperation and collaboration.
You will be joining our rapidly expanding team and be a key player in the continued growth of the company and we will of course pay you a great wage with a great benefits package.
But the real opportunity is to join us at a time when we are growing rapidly, for you to be a major player in the company and have an exciting career ahead of you. You will have a great team around you to support you, and the support of the senior management team.
Key role responsibilities will include:
- Design and develop solutions in Oracle EBS to meet complex business requirements
- Provide support for clients supported by Support Revolution
- To be commercially aware and identify further opportunities on client sites
- To identify potential risks and assist in the development of resolution/preventative action
- Contributes to the development and evolution of functional and technical standards
- This position is based in Thatcham, Berkshire.
Primary Required Experience
The candidates’ primary experience should include the following:
- Must have 10-12 years’ experience in the HR and Payroll domain
- Very good understanding of Core HR and Payroll, Self Service, Payroll processing
- Experience of RTI and Statutory Reporting, pension schemes (preferably with knowledge of UK Legislation)
- Experience of configuring and extending Oracle HRMS and Payroll 11.5.10 through to R12.x (Work structure, Elements, Absences etc.)
- Writing/Modifying fast formulae
- Has knowledge of forms and self-service page personalisations
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must possess excellent documentation skills in AIM / OUM
- Knowledge of PL/SQL, BI Publisher Reporting is desirable
The following competencies and attributes are key to success:
• Attendance; Due to the service orientated nature of this role, candidates must acknowledge that their attendance is defined by both Support Revolution and the customer’s expectations and therefore candidates need to be flexible.
• Quality of Work; Due to the customer facing nature of the work, all external communications, be they verbal or documented, should be of the highest quality. This same attention to detail should be applied to internal information.
• Timeliness of Work; The nature of providing services to customer’s means that all work should be delivered within an agreed timeframe with the customer. It is essential that the customer’s expectations are met.
• Communication; Strong communications skills are an essential attribute. The role is customer facing role which requires both charisma to build relationships and channels within customers, as well as negotiate the day-to-day hazards that occur during normal interactions.
• Works well with others; An essential attribute of the candidate is that he/she can work with many
different personalities and achieve the best results from them. An ability to be both diplomatic and demanding as the situation arises.
• Initiative; Candidates will often have to deal with situations where there are no pre-set guidelines in place. As such the individual will have to show initiative to pro-actively deal with situations as they occur. The candidate must be a self-starter.
• Consultancy Skills; Candidates need to be commercially aware and therefore always be looking for opportunities within the customer base where Support Revolution can offer improved services or new engagements.
• Technical Skills; Other than the candidate’s core technical skills, they should be fluent in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Organisational Skills; Clear organisational skills are an essential attribute. Candidates will often be required to juggle many balls without dropping them.
• Appearance; As a professional consultant in front of customers, candidates should be smartly presented always.
Benefits and Perks
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Additional 1 day of annual leave to take your Birthday off on us
- Childcare vouchers
- Free Perkbox Membership, including discounted: Health Care, Dental Care, Gym Membership, Cinema Tickets, and 8% off of list price in many retail stores incuding up to 10% off Apple products, 8% off at Curry's PC World, 3% off everything from Amazon, 10% off at Costa & Starbucks and many more
- Beer fridge (Yes, free beer!)
Posted 8 days ago