Blandford Forum, Dorset
Up to £9.00 per hour + Pension, Hoilday, Paid DBS & Training & more
Voyage Care is seeking exceptional Support Workers, who will be providing support to individuals with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and Complex Behaviour.
- Support Workers will be working at our 5 person Supported Living Service in Shillingstone and Outreach Services in the local area.
Benefits for Voyage Care Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (up to 42 hours per week) plus overtime if preferred
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free, industry leading, face to face and online training
- Paid mileage and travel time if working at Outreach Services
- No short call outreach visits (minimum visit length one hour)
- Company pension, paid holiday and employee benefits including cycle to work scheme
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the People we Support in their home and local community
Support Workers will assist the People we Support in all aspects of their life that they need assistance. Support may include (but not be limited to):
- Community access and social events
- Undertaking hobbies and other interests
- Assistance with daily household tasks
- Listening and emotional support
- Medication Administration
- Personal Care
- Financial Assistance
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.
- as Voyage Care provide full (paid) training to all Support Workers.
- Due to the locality of this service it is essential that Support Workers hold a full driving licence and have access to transport.
- There is also a house car and a mobility vehicle at the Supported Living Service that Support Workers with a full driving license can use to assist the People we Support in accessing the community*.
- The available role is for a full time Support Worker. All Support Workers will be required a mixture of early, late and long day shifts.
- Please note that the role will include weekend work, shifts on public holidays and some sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care ask that all Support Workers:
- Work within the companys ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work
- Currently hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Click Apply to complete our one page applicationAll applications & CVs received are reviewed on a daily basis.
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
- *Subject to all legal terms and conditions being met
- Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Posted 18 days ago