Up to £8.50 per hour + Holiday Pay
Randstad Student & Worker Support are looking for reliable and committed individuals to work with Students who are studying at the University of Exeter.
Working as an academic notetaker you will be providing an essential service to students with disabilities while having the chance to learn something new everyday. You will attend various lectures and seminars and take accurate notes for students who due to their disability find it difficult to make notes for themselves.
- Flexible working hours
- Elearning and CPD
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata
- £8.50per hour you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UKs leading provider
- Improving your knowledge for free by being a part of higher education lectures
Providing note taking support to students suffering from disabilities/mental health conditions your responsibilities will include:
- Producing accurate and legible notes for lectures, seminars/tutorials and group tasks
- Reviewing notes at the end of the lecture and ensuring that they are in a suitable format for the student to access effectively
- Maintaining a professional role as a note taker and being aware of the need to maintain this professional relationship with the student at all times
- Acting in the best interests of learners at all times whilst also working within the policies and procedures of the institution
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
- Have neat handwriting able to produce notes in a legible and presentable manner
- Good typing skills preferable
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- You will need to be able to work quickly and under time restrictions
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education
Successful applicants will be invited to take part in a telephone assessment and also interviewed to discuss suitability for the role.
If you have the above skills and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education please apply now!
If you have any questions, please call the office on#########
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Posted 11 days ago