Senior Mechanical Engineer
Stockton-on-Tees, County Durham
GBP336 - GBP360 per day
Senior Mechanical Engineer reporting to Lead Engineer. Responsible for overseeing the design of package equipment, which will include liaison with third party company who in some instances will have design and manufacture responsibilities. Production of engineering deliverables and the checking of work undertaken by others.
- Nuclear experience in a Senior Mechanical Engineer role.
- Minimum 10 years mechanical experience.
- (5 years experience of working within a highly regulated industry, 2 of which must have been gained within the nuclear industry.)
- Ability to demonstrate strong competence in delivery of detail design under own supervision reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer.
- A working knowledge of SL standards and procedures.
- Input to Designer Risk Assessments (DRAs) and Outline Installation Method Statements (OIMS).
- Ability to perform mechanical design calculations, produce technical specifications and requisitions, datasheets, perform technical bid evaluations.
- Checking of work undertaken by others.
- Working within a JV environment
Minimum HNC Mechanical Engineering.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
Posted 47 days ago