Senior QA Engineer
Were people on a mission to help schools use data more effectively to save teachers time and improve student outcomes. At the moment data is more of a burden than a benefit to teachers. Schools are increasingly required to store vast amounts of information on attendance, behaviour and assessment, which takes teachers hours and hours a week to input and often isnt used effectively to improve student performance.
Weve built a great system that improves the input, analysis and communication of school information, saving teachers days of precious time and allowing them to target student interventions more effectively to improve the outcomes of hundreds of thousands of children. Imagine taking the register on your iPad, then having the system instantly text all parents whose child was not in school asking them to confirm their absence by texting the school back. Easy!
Since our launch six years ago, weve raised venture capital from top-tier, socially-minded investors, expanded in three countries, and are now working with thousands of schools, helping them to improve outcomes for hundreds of thousands of students. We care about our social goals as much as our business targets and want to make a lasting, positive impact across the education sector. Were looking for passionate, curious, ambitious people who share our ethos and want to make an impact at scale.
What we are looking for
The Senior QA Engineer position is pivotal to Arbors commitment to deliver superb quality software to our customers. This role will work with the Principal Architect to define and implement the processes and tooling required to perform automated testing across all products and services, working with our Principal Architect and Platform team to ensure these processes are embedded and able to run as part of our Continuous Delivery pipelines. This role will also work across product delivery teams to understand feature requirements, and define a testing strategy and automated tests to ensure acceptance criteria are met.
Your key results will be measured by reducing change failure across all teams, creating technical documentation to support QA processes and implementing required tooling to enable automated testing.
Daily responsibilities as Senior QA will include:
Defining and implementing testing strategy
Working at all levels to replace non-scalable manual testing with automated testing software
Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
Identifying, recording, documenting thoroughly and tracking bugs
Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
Developing and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
Tracking quality assurance metrics, like change failure rate and open defect counts
Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Remembering our users and that everything we are building is for them
Our ideal candidate
- A minimum of 2 years in automated and manual testing
- Programming experience in either PHP or other C-based language
- Experience of BDD using Cucumber or similar tools
- Ability to write custom scripts to test API driven data
- Writing SQL queries to extract and validate data direct from database tables.
- When you commit, you follow through, you do what you say without losing the details
- Clear reporting on issues found, how they impact the customer and clear steps for reproduction
- Experience working with Product Managers to understand business requirements, and define acceptance criteria and test strategies around them
- Experience with enterprise software development
- Experience working in a fast paced agile environment
What we offer
- Regular team socials, weekly pool games (we've had pizza making, problem solving, and even white water rafting!)
- Free lunch everyday provided in the office
- Individual training budget to help you with your professional development
- Dedicated time off for you to attend training or conferences
- 1 day off a year to volunteer for a good cause
- Dog friendly offices
- Enhanced Paternity leave
- Half day Fridays during UK school summer holidays
- Subscription to O'Reilly for engineering training resources
- Frequent tech talks and opportunities to learn
- Flexible working around core hours
Arbor Education is an equal opportunities organisation
We support and promote diversity and equality, and actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, including those from the LGBT community, people with disabilities, and those from a BAME background.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion or belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender assignment, age, pregnancy, maternity and paternity status, disability status, marital and civil partnership status, or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.
If you need any adjustments to be made to support you through the recruitment process, let us know at ######### .
Please note: We are unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Automated & Manual Testing, PHP, BDD, Cucumber
Posted 19 days ago