Assistant Financial Accountant
£35000 - £37000 per annum
Investigo are partnering with a reputable client based in Bedford recruiting an Assistant Financial Accountant with succession plan attached to become Financial Accountant.
In the position of Assistant Financial Accountant Bedford you will reporting to the Group Accounting Manager supporting day to financial controls to include:
- Support the Financial Reporting Manager with the balance sheet & cashflow forecasts, monthly reviews and other adhoc internal/group reporting.
- To support the Finance Reporting Manager on adhoc project work relevant to the business strategy, group reporting and improvements in financial controls/processes.
- Support and lead as much as possible any changes in accounting standards.
- Ownership of IFRS 16, including month end journals, processing additions/disposals, balance sheet reconciliation and maintenance of the IFRS 16 software.
- Accountability for the collation of statistics/KPIs from the wider business and completion of the monthly group reporting pack.
- Accountable for the preparation of balance sheet reconciliation file and supporting the Finance Reporting Manager in reviewing of file and investigating any unexpected movements/balances.
- Responsible for the preparation of the annual statutory accounts for two trading entities and several dormant companies.
- Preparation of the quarterly VAT returns, which involves calculation of the partial exemption disallowance and submitting the monthly intrastat and EC sales reporting.
- Prepare the annual corporation tax pack which involves analysis of the P&L and Balance sheet in order for the Group Tax team to be able to complete the group tax return.
- Responsible for the preparation of all other statutory financial returns as required, including but not limited to, PSA returns, analysis of expenses for P11D returns and ONS returns.
- Preparation of month end journals.
- Provide support to the Financial Reporting Manager with all other Group Reporting requirements.
The successful candidate will need to be a part qualified accountant either ACA/ACCA or CIMA
Previous experience completing VAT and corporation Tax returns
understanding around IFRS and UK GAAP reporting
£35,000 to £37,000 basic plus full study and performance related bonus up to £7k
Posted 11 days ago