London, Greater London, England
- £50,000 - £70,000 + Benefits + Bonus + EMI option Scheme
We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in data science or big data projects. A background in AML, KYC, screening, regulatory compliance or fraud is highly advantageous, especially for more senior roles.
Typical responsibilities include
- Work with clients to solve business problems in the area of fraud, compliance and financial crime:
- Elicit and document solution requirements,
- Understand patterns of criminal behaviour and design systems to detect and investigate them,
- Manage, transform and cleanse high volume data,
- Perform advanced analytics to identify the trends associated with adverse behaviour,
- Automate analysis to proactively alert on high risk activity on an on-going basis,
- Assure high quality implementation of solutions,
- Optimise existing financial crime platforms through data analytics,
- Present project results to clients,
- You would be using leading open source data science tools, such as Python, Lucene, Scala and Spark.
- You should be comfortable with working with high profile clients, on their sites.
- Work with our expert software development team to produce reusable applications:
- Use emerging and open source technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, and Scala,
- Collaborate on scalability issues involving access to massive amounts of data and information,
- Produce components for advanced analytics, matching, search and visualisation on big data.
- Take on ad-hoc tasks as required for the running of a small, yet rapidly expanding business.
The office is located near London Waterloo, but some work occurs on the clients' sites – mainly in central London, but there may also be opportunities for travel.
You should have the following:
- Proven big data experience, either from an implementation or a data science prospective,
- Excellent technical skills including expert knowledge of at least one analytical or big data package such
- as Spark, Hadoop, R, SAS, SQL or Python
- Good coding experience in the likes of Scala, Java or Python,
- Strong client facing, communication and presentation skills,
- Strong academic qualifications, high quality degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent,
- Enthusiasm to learn and develop emerging technologies and techniques.
- Knowledge of at least one or more of the following will be important:
- Experience in solutions for AML regulation, sanctions or KYC,
- Experience in global banking and markets,
- Expertise in data science methods and techniques.
We're looking for high performing individuals, and offer competitive base salary commensurate with experience plus bonus, generous benefits and an EMI option scheme for equity.
Hadoop, Project Management, Scala, Apache, Spark, Python and Hadoop
Job: Data Engineer (Spark, Scala, Python)
Salary: £50K- £70K Bonus, EMI option Scheme
Posted 13 days ago