Software Test Engineer
Greater London, England
Are you a Junior Test Engineer looking for a new challenge in a rapidly growing clinical research organisation, with a strong focus on technology and digital health?
Our client have lead digital health technologies for serious diseases of the brain. They work across all phases of clinical research and provide expert digital solutions to complex medical problems.
As a Test Engineer, you are responsible for evaluating requirements, writing test cases, executing test scripts, supporting subject matter experts in completing test cases and improving processes for testing and automation of testing. Working in an Agile environment, you will work on deployments of and improvements to our flagship clinical trial management and medical image analysis platform, helping to support the business in delivering imaging and digital biomarker analytical services for clinical development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate, explore and model the product and features to be tested.
- Proactively learn and apply test design principles.
- Collaborate with Developers/Scientists/Business Analysts to design tests.
- Generate test ideas and heuristics.
- Author test scripts.
- Self-motivate to become a subject-matter expert.
- Weigh-in on design and testing considerations, estimates and approach during our Agile SDLC (feature planning, grooming, etc).
- Identify and provide feedback on the gap/anomalies in the requirements.
- Adhere to SOPs and Agile practices.
- Attend sprint planning meetings and discuss testing issues.
- Execute test scripts.
- Analyse results of test sessions.
- Write clear and concise bug reports and steps to reproduce.
- Apply problem solving skills.
Essential Competencies :
- Ability to create exploratory tests from stories/requirements.
- Ability to execute tests and record test results.
- Ability to communicate own ideas to other teams.
- Ability to investigate and diagnose issues.
- Ability to contribute to effective test reporting.
- Ability to work through problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to articulate technical issues.
- Possess problem solving abilities.
- Possess the drive and intellectual curiosity to investigate issues.
- Strong communication skills.
- Can demonstrate an aptitude to learn new principles at a fast pace.
- Can contribute to the development of project test strategy.
Ideal Experience/Competencies :
- Software testing.
- Ability to understand complex clinical trial and image analysis data workflows.
- Scripting or programming (e.g. Bash, Python, Java).
- Comfortable working with Linux command line tools.
- Identifying tasks / dependencies / risks during backlog grooming/planning.
- Providing reasonable test estimates.
- Working on Agile projects.
- Executing and documenting software testing with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's or Master's 2:1 or higher in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Science) - or an exceptional candidate.
- Strong A-Level results or equivalent. (Ideally Bs and above or equivalent)
Posted 9 days ago