Hedge End, Hampshire, England
£40k per year
Location: Hedge End
Salary: Up to £40,000
Job type: Permanent, Full time
This is an exciting opportunity to join the payments software and infrastructure division of Our client. Technology is bringing revolutionary change to the merchant service and card payments industry delivering customer boarding, analytics and gateway solutions to a growing list of acquiring banks, payment facilitators and independent payments businesses. The business is looking for a skilled, dedicated and ambitious team member to support the delivery of customer projects.
Our client are looking for a structured, skilled and dedicated individual to join the team as a Project Manager with experience writing technical documentation. The desired person will be an experienced Project Manager qualified to PRINCE2 (current certification) ideally with Agile experience that has a track record of delivering large and often complex projects. The Project Manager will be responsible for the preparation and documentation involved in project "kick-off", co-ordination of internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects providing regular updates to the customer as part of the on-going delivery and communicating regularly. You will have extensive experience in technical Project Management and have the ability to gain a deep understanding of what is being delivered as well as how it is being delivered.
Responsibilities of the Project Manager:
- Responsibility for the working with internal and external stakeholders to identify the scope of the project
- Formulation of the Project Initiation Document (PID) to identify the requirements, key contacts and outline the project plan
- Work with colleagues to develop project scopes, objectives and specifications, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work closely with the development team to map out the sprint plan based on the customer requirements
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress and communicate regularly with the customer providing updates and answering any questions as required
- Ensure all projects are well structured, delivered on time and on budget
- Take an active role in development steering to represent the project requirements of customers
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as required
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- A well-structured individual that can plan and manage their time effectively
- Participate in regular team meetings to discuss project progress
- Preferable ambition to progress in the business as it grows.
- Writing and editing customer-friendly software documentation and user guides.
- Driving definition of the knowledge base and content strategy for Technologi products.
Requirements of the Project Manager:
- Great educational and technical background, preferably in the fields of computer science, software development and/or engineering
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent listening and communication skills, able to communicate with people at all levels
- Well-structured and organised able to prioritise work and deliver upon commitments to customers
- Proactive, tenacious and committed
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and understanding web technologies such as HTML, Web Service, APIs, JSON, XML.
- Experience understanding technical terms and writing technical documentations.
- Experience with working on AGILE/SCRUM development environment.
- Have a knowledge of release management and process.
If you feel like you meet the above criteria of the Project Manager, please apply now!
Posted 45 days ago