PICU Sister - London
London, Greater London, England
£42,000 to £50,500
PICU Sister Charge Nurse
South West London
£42,000 - £50,500 per annum
One of the UK’s leading hospitals for specialist and complex paediatric care has enlisted Pulse to assist them on their search for a Sister/Charge Nurse Paediatric Intensive Care Nurse (PICU).
- This private hospital based in South West London, 5 minutes walk from the underground is wanting a new Senior Staff Nurse with a minimum of 5 years paediatric critical care experience to join their team. We are also expecting nurses at this level to hold a certificate in further paediatric specialist education or working towards this.
- The PICU is supported by a strong paediatric services department across the hospital. Within this four-bed unit, which is one of only two private paediatric intensive care units in London, the unit is staffed by experienced PICU nurses and all of the consultants have extensive PICU experience.
- The unit is supported by the paediatric physiotherapy and occupational therapy departments, who are extensively involved in the management of patients within the unit.
- The unit cares for patients requiring all levels of care. They have a 24-hour visiting policy for immediate family members and family members are involved in the care of their child to help aid swift recovery.
- Within a hospital renowned for carrying out pioneering work, the hospital seeks a nurse who is committed to family centred care and understands Child Protection.
- Nurses within this unit are expected to define and manage their own schedules to provide outstanding patient care. In addition to this, the senior nurse is expected to act as a team leader for a group of nurses.
- Successful candidates will lead and co-ordinate team projects and team building activities.
- The Sister/Charge nurse will also supervise and orientate new staff as well as acting as a preceptor for junior staff nurses and taking charge on a regular basis.
- This rewarding but challenging role does come with many benefits including a competitive salary of up to £42,000 - £50,500 dependent on experience. In addition to various flexible benefits.
- To apply for this role or to discuss further, please complete the application form and one of our team will be in touch with you as soon as possible.
Posted 14 days ago