Birmingham, West Midlands, England
Location: Tyseley, B11 2HJ
About the Company:
This is a fantastic time to join West Midlands Trains as we embark on our new franchise to improve our passenger's journeys. As part of the wider Abellio Group, West Midlands Trains Ltd, operates as a joint venture - West Midlands Railway and London Northwestern Railway, delivering over 1,300 safe and reliable services per day for more than a 60 million passengers per year. Since the start of our franchise in 2017 we have been committed to improving our services, investing a whopping £1 billion into the region's network, £18million in the development of all our workforce.
Property Technician Responsibilities:
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance activities across all company infrastructure on depots
- This role includes maintenance of specialist depot equipment including Wash Plants, CET, Fuelling systems and other depot plant and equipment.
- Complete all maintenance tasks that are issued, within own competence.
- Complete reactive and planned works in a safe manner to a high-quality standard.
- Support and assist colleagues in the execution of their works.
- Complete detailed reports within the CAFM system along with any remedial works required.
- Work unsupervised and use own initiative whilst managing your own workload.
- Ensure all work carried out is compliant with the required legislation and standards.
- All work to be carried out in a tidy manner and adhere to all company's health and safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in on call arrangements and variable rosters as dictated by the company's requirements.
- To work additional over time as and when required by your line manager.
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire through appropriate training.
- Support your line manager in any requested duties within your level of competence.
Property Technician Requirements:
- Time served as maintenance apprentice with equivalent trade qualification.
- Knowledge of maintenance on industrial plant equipment, including overhead cranes, pump trucks, MEWPS and forklift trucks.
- Experience of working in an industrial maintenance environment.
- Time served in mechanical & Electrical maintenance apprentice or equivalent with equivalent trade qualification.
- Able to interpret and understand operating and technical manuals.
- Working knowledge of COSH, working at height & manual handling regulations.
- 5 GCSE's level C and above including Math's and English.
- Able to work on your own initiative.
- Customer focused.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Work well independently as well as being a valued member of the team.
- Hold a full UK driving license with no more than 6 points.
- NEBOSH qualification useful.
Property Technician Benefits:
In addition to a competitive salary, West Midlands Trains offer a wealth of benefits including free travel on West Midlands Trains and other Abellio group trains for you, your partner and dependent children, 75% discount on all other train travel over most of the UK rail network, development opportunities to help you further your career with West Midlands Trains and a competitive pension scheme.
If you believe you are suitable for the Property Technician, then please apply now!
Posted 12 days ago