Senior IT Field Engineers
Elephant & Castle, Greater London, England
£35k - 40k per year
Senior IT Field Engineers
Location : South East London
Salary : £35,000 - 40,000 per annum DoE
About our client:
Our client is a rapidly developing company that provides a comprehensive range of ICT related services for educational establishments across London and the Home Counties. These include primary, secondary, pupil referral units, nursery and special needs schools.
Key requirements for the Senior IT Field Engineer role:
- Experience working in a previous Senior ICT Field Engineer role (preferably in the education sector although not essential).
- Ideally, hold a valid DBS certificate
- Our ideal Field Engineer will have a passion for IT with a strong technical background.
- Self-motivated and enjoy providing excellent customer service.
- A great team player with strong communication and organisation skills along with a courteous manner and the ability to explain technical issues in layman's terms to our customers.
- You should be able to work independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
Technical Skills for the Senior IT Field Engineer role:
- Experience of a wide range of end-user devices and operating systems, especially Windows client and server operating systems. (7, 10, 2008, 2012, 2016)
- Installation and troubleshooting experience with Server 2012/16/19
- Experience providing support for Apple products including Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- Working knowledge of LAN / WAN configurations, Switches, Routers and security appliances.
- Knowledge of VLANs Configuration and troubleshooting, using HP/Aruba, Cisco
- Azure experience
- Knowledge and Setup of WDS, Imaging solutions for Windows 10 Clients, SCCM
- Wireless Enterprise Technologies (Ruckus and Meru, Fortinet)
- Knowledge of Multisite Active Directory Domain Services
- Hardware troubleshooting, repairs and upgrades.
- Network administration and troubleshooting skills (DHCP/Static, TCP/IP, DNS).
- Knowledge of backup and restore procedures.
- Knowledge of cloud office productivity suite administration (Office 365, Google Cloud, etc).
- Microsoft Office client productivity suite for Mac and Windows
Main responsibilities for the Senior IT Field Engineer :
The successful candidate will join an existing team to help schools improve the standard of their ICT provisions and enable them to deliver effective teaching and learning through ICT solutions. You will facilitate communication between your schools and the company, keep up to date with what services we can offer, and manage the accounts of your customers.
- Resolve technical problems as quickly as possible
- Ensure that backup is working and complete a test recovery
- Ensure on-going technical problems are logged and tracked in the correct system
- Ensure the anti-virus software is installed, kept up to date and working properly on all stations
- Feedback to the school progress at the end of each visit
- Install and test new software
- Set up and maintain user e-mail accounts
- Apply all relevant O/S updates and software hotfixes
- Ensure school details are entered on the correct system and server details are kept up to date
- Check new computer equipment on arrival and install as appropriate
- Liaise with the designated person responsible for the maintenance of the inventory
- Liaise with external support agencies, e.g. Dell, Lenovo, Capita, Local authority to resolve faults speedily
- Liaise with external suppliers for the repair of equipment under warranty or maintenance contract
- Maintain computer peripheral equipment such as scanners, printers, whiteboards, projectors; ensure that these are prepared and ready to be used
- Assist the ICT Co-ordinator in the deployment of computer hardware around the school
- Set up, maintain and remove user network accounts where appropriate
- Carry out routine network maintenance tasks
- Be familiar with the network infrastructure (cable and patch panels, hubs, switches, router, firewall) and keep a log of any damage/changes to it
- Be an integral part of pre-project planning and implementation including - server builds / upgrades, network upgrades during non-term time project periods
If you feel you meet the criteria for the Senior IT Field Engineer then please apply now!
Posted 3 days ago