Java Developer (hands on)
Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000 - £40000 per annum + extensive benefits package
Java Developer / Birmingham / £30,000 £40,000 / Greenfield projects / Global brands
I am looking for an experienced Java Developer to join my client in Birmingham. You will play a part in transforming the software that their global clients utilise on a day to day basis which means the technology you will get your hands on will be cutting edge and implemented in an agile environment.
Who are my client?They work with the worlds biggest brands to create and deliver a wide range of digital marketing, brand development and creative communications. With the perfect blend of technology and creativity they develop connections between their clients brands customers with a future focused mindset.
What is the role ?
- As a Java Developer youll have access to a number of projects, some greenfield and some already begun where you will collaborate with the rest of the development team to achieve brand objectives. This is a hands on role where you will work in an Agile (Scrum) environment using TDD (testdriven development), and adhering to Clean Code guidelines.
- You will work as part of cross functional teams providing technical leadership helping to define and execute the development strategy
- You will conduct code reviews, work with account directors, creative, and the client directly to ensure projects are delivered on time to a high standard.
- Mentor and develop other members of the team
- Implement / improve working practices
- The backend systems are built with Java ,Spring MVC / Boot, Thymeleaf, RESTful web services, DD4T2, SDL Web 8, MongoDB, MySQL, Junit, Mockito, Guava, Apache Commons, Maven, Docker and Jenkins.
- You will write code / solve technical problems each day and move around teams every so often to give you that variety and personal development.
Skills I would need you to have are:
- Proven experience of working in an agile environment
- 3 years and above development experience in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of at least one Java MVC Web development framework (ideally Spring MVC/Boot)
- Proven ability to deliver a wide range of projects, large and small
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Strong knowledge of software development practices, processes and theories, especially around Agile Development Principles
- Linux server admin experience
Why work here?
Aside from your salary you will receive a generous benefits package which they are in the process of updating. They pride themselves on being able to provide you with a rewarding career. You will come face to face with challenges that will drive your development forward and produce meaningful work.
Next Steps & Contact#########
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jessicablackburn0171a1161/ ( Jessica Blackburn PLEASE NOT MY CLIENT DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) & DevOps recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS & DevOps professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organisations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and AsiaPacific.
Visit jeffersonfrank.com, follow our LinkedIn page, and connect with me on LinkedIn for the latest AWS jobs, candidates, news and updates.
Posted 46 days ago