Cook / Assistant Chef / Catering Assistant
Tunbridge Wells, Kent
£17000 - £20000 per annum + Progression
Junior Cook / Assistant Chef / Catering Assistant
Salary depending on experience
Our Client is a family run Caf & Bar set in the heart of the famous Pantiles and is only a short walk from Tunbridge Wells train station. They provide a luxury guest experience to the town and has a track record of training and developing staff into Senior positions.
They are currently looking for a Junior Cook / Assistant Chef / Catering Assistant to work alongside the Head Chef for five days per week. The Caf is closed on Wednesdays; however you will be required to work Saturdays and Sundays.
Role Type: Permanent
Salary: depending on experience
Hours: 35 40 hours per week, 8.30am 4.30pm.
You will be catering for an 80 seat Caf & Bar, which serves dishes using flavours and influences from the owners cultural heritage, using modern cooking techniques, seasonality and presentation.
* Prepare, cook and present dishes within your section, according to specification
* Support the Head Chef as and when required
* Assist other sections of the kitchen in the production and service of food and the cleaning down of the section as and when required
* Be an excellent communicator, ensuring Commis Chefs are briefed, supervised and motivated
* Ensure good hygiene, health and safety in the kitchen
* Be able to multitask and work efficiently under pressure
* Ensure you keep the atmosphere just right in the kitchen.
* Experience working within Catering, Hospitality or a busy kitchen would be a huge advantage.
* Have a proven track record in delivering exceptional dishes in a time pressured environment.
* Excellent communication and organisational skills.
* Be eligible to work full time in the UK.
If you feel you have a creative flair and passion for cooking, please APPLY TODAY!
- Alternatively, call Jane Hardy at KHRRecruitment Specialists to discuss this position further.
At KHR we take care to ensure that you are represented as well as possible so it is worth checking your CV for layout, spelling and grammar as well as making sure it is up to date before you submit. If you feel you need to highlight particular qualifications, skills or relevant experience with regards to a specific role then please add a cover letter or a preface page. This does not need to be formatted in the same manner. In addition, if your CV is heavy with graphics etc, please could you also submit a clean copy in Word. Thank you.
KH Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. KHR Recruitment Specialists is a trading name of KH Recruitment Ltd Keep in touch with us online for job alerts, industry updates and market...
Posted 50 days ago