Doncaster, South Yorkshire
£60 - £80 per day
Do you have experience of working with large groups of teenagers as a sports coach? Are you a recent graduate looking to make a difference to childrens lives, using your sporting knowledge to have an impact on their physical and mental health? Are you possibly considering a PGCE in PE in the future and would like to gain more classroom experience? If the answer is yes to any of these questions then apply to Randstad Education today!
We are looking for a Sports Coach, also known as a cover supervisor specialising in PE, who can work on a daytoday ad hoc basis, but this could lead to something more longterm in future. On most days the work is a full school day, but you may cover just for mornings or afternoons, or even one lesson; the work can be parttime and very flexible to suit your availability. The requirement is due to an increase in the need for day to day cover within these mainstream settings particularly in the PE department, covering absent teachers due to training courses, meetings or sickness. This is a great opportunity to enhance your exposure to different schools and ages and be excited by the prospect of an incredibly varied week!
You will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist Secondary consultant and a branch with oncall facility.
- Competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011).
- recommend a friend bonus worth up to £300
- flexible hours and working patterns
- outstanding schools to work at, with supportive staff, onsite parking and excellent staff facilities.
- the experience of working with this 1118 age group; cover supervision is excellent preparation for someone looking to do a PGCE in future.
This is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed team, providing a service to the staff and pupils of the schools. Responsibilities would include:
- being willing and able to supervise classes of 1118 year olds, using strategies to manage behaviour in line with school policy, both in the classroom for theorybased PE as well as in the hall and sports facilities or outdoors.
- delivering PE lessons according to the national curriculum set by a qualified teacher, with no planning or marking involved.
- being willing to cover in other subject lessons if required as part of the booking.
- utilise your coaching skills to build effective relationships with the pupils.
- engaging with the pupils and keeping them on task or focused on the activity, assisting with queries where possible.
- being aware of safeguarding considerations especially during physical activity or where the lesson involves PE equipment.
- being able to communicate effectively, and having a confident and friendly attitude.
- dealing with any immediate issues or emergencies according to the school policies and procedures.
Our requirements for this post mean you must:
- have experience of working with children, preferably 1118, which can be referenced (voluntary work included).
- possess a background in sports coaching or training and own suitable clothing as a kit to wear for PE lessons.
- be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS).
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We are proud to support a diverse portfolio of schools across South Yorkshire, so even if this job or location is not suitable, we would still like to hear from you regarding your relevant experience, as we may have other roles available in schools, temporary or permanent, shortor longterm, full or parttime, which may be a better match.
If your application is deemed to be suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the schools within a week. All candidates will be required to undergo child protection and UK eligibility checks. Randstad Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all applicants to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.
To discuss this in more detail please contact Matt Charlesworth, via email on ######### or by telephone at the Manchester branch on#########
Posted 9 days ago