Secondary Teaching Assistant - ASAP Start
£56.04 per day + Discounted Teacher Training
- Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant, Graduate, Sports Coach or Youth Worker?
- Do you have a passion for working with children and in particular education?
- Have you got the patience to work with a small group of males requiring support in lessons?
- Can you nurture supportive relationships with children and young people by drawing upon your own life skills and experience?
The Educate Group have received a call from one of Wrexhams largest secondary schools requesting a full-time Teaching Assistant for a small group of male pupils. Due to their specific learning needs, you will be working with them closely to ensure that they are fully supported and cared for whilst in and between lessons.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
The Educate Group have been awarded the status as a 'Preferred Supplier' for Teachers and School Support staff. This forms part of the new National Procurement Service (NPS) Framework for Wales and takes effect from August 2019.
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff . You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
- Set up equipment and get materials ready for lessons.
- Escort pupils between classes, at sports events and on outings.
- Provide support to pupils on either a one-to-one basis or in small groups
- Engage pupils in their learning and remain on task
- Support the social and emotional development of pupils
- Assist the teacher in promoting positive behaviour
- Encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions
- Assist in the monitoring of pupils progress and help record achievement/progress as directed.
What skills, qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service (mandatory)
- Registration with the Educational Workforce Council (EWC) - (mandatory)
- NVQ/CACHE/BTEC Level 1, 2, 3 or Higher Level Teaching Assistant (preferable)
- BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies (preferable)
- Strong interpersonal and classroom management skills
- An interest in teaching and supporting children
- Referable experience relating to working with children (preferable)
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools.
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days.
- Higher rate is achievable for candidates with a proven track record of high attainment within the required subject area.
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Teaching Assistant.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 40 days ago