Purchase Ledger Clerk
Up to £18000 per annum
Our forward thinking, successful client is seeking a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their busy Finance Department on a 6 month fixed term contract. Our client is a leading company in their field and offer fantastic benefits within a warm and friendly working environment.
The purpose of the Purchase Ledger Clerk will be to manage the daytoday operations of the purchase ledger function.
Duties for the Purchase Ledger Clerk will include:
- Full responsibility for the ledger, ensuring all invoices are processed and posted to the ledgers
- Monthly reconciliation of ledger accounts
- Checking all invoices for accuracy and posting to system
- Monthly completion of statement reconciliations and investigating any queries
- Reviewing aged creditors monthly, chasing all overdue amounts
- Completing payment runs
- Corresponding with suppliers by phone, email and letter
- Dealing with queries.
- Providing information to the Financial Accountant
- Running standard and adhoc reports
- Cover and support the Payroll function during absence.
- Update and assist with the preparation of Accrual and Prepayment schedules
- Update and assist with the preparation of Fixed Asset schedules
Candidate requirements for the Purchase Ledger Clerk:
- Previous experience in a purchase ledger / accounts payable role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
- Able to work at a fast pace with accuracy
Hours:Monday to Friday, 8.30am 5.00pm
Salary: £18,000 per annum
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.
Posted 13 days ago