Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £50000 per annum
Are you a controls/software engineer who wants to work on more exciting and dynamic projects? Are you looking to develop yourself as an engineer? I am looking to recruit a Software Engineer for an exciting automation solutions provider based in Birmingham who would be responsible for the design and implementation of software systems housed within packaging and distribution equipment. This position would suit a time served Engineer who is seeking a new opportunity in order to progress their career.
It is expected that the Software Engineer will ensure compliance with all design, regulatory and test requirements and be knowledgeable with PLCs and CAD packages
- Design and Develop control systems in a PLC environment (AB and Siemens)
- Develop modular software block to protect IP and facilitate rapid deployment
- Work closely with all departments, ensuring you are a key team member in transitioning new designs through documentation, prototyping, timely production and testing
- Provide global technical support, maintenance & documentation / document software functionality to customers, on a needs basis
- Ensure software testing procedures are followed and completed for all software designs/equipment prior to release and record the type of testing e.g. simulation, R&D Machine or Production
- Use your electrical troubleshooting skills for undocumented prototype designs (low voltage)
- Provide innovative ideas/technologies in system and software design to ensure market edge
- Travel to sites around the globe to commission first of series machines and their software component
- Minimum of 3 years design experience with some autonomy, in special purpose machine design or manufacturing related field
- Degree qualified Software or Mechatronics Engineer (or similar discipline)
- Exposure to the food and packaging industry is desirable but not mandatory
- Rockwell and Siemens PLC software design & programming
- Rockwell and Siemens PLC systems and software
- SCADA software, Wonderware, InTouch
- HMI Software, Rockwell and Siemens
- Industrial communication networks
- Technical documentation
- Basic understanding of electrical systems
- AutoCAD electrical design desirable
- Must be willing to travel both national and internationally
Please apply directly to the role if you are intrested in finding out about more!
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 33 days ago