Future Teachers - Graduate Teaching Assistant
£1000 - £1200 per month
Teaching Personnel are currently recruiting for our Hull Future Teachers programme ahead of next academic year (September 2019).
Teaching Personnel are working in partnership with Secondary schools in Hull to recruit Graduate Teaching Assistants who wish to begin a teacher training programme in the future, but firstly want to gain additional experience.
Through the 'Future Teachers Programme', successful graduates will begin a programme (up to a year) as a graduate teaching assistant to gain the school-based experience and tools to be excellent teachers. Over the course of the year, graduate teaching assistants will gradually take on more responsibilities at their respective school.
Working with a range of talented teachers you will support student learning and get a first-hand insight into what is required to be a confident and capable teacher.
- Full time graduate teaching assistant opportunities within our Future Teachers Programme
- Opportunities for all subjects across the school curriculum
- 12 month apprenticeship as a teaching assistant
- Earn up to £1200 per month whilst gaining vital experience
These opportunities are full time roles with an allocated Secondary school in Hull where you will undertake a variety of tasks and activities that will give you a good understanding as to the role of a teacher. A significant proportion of these tasks and activities will also benefit your subject knowledge as you will focus on raising pupil attainment, supporting special needs pupils, covering classes, assisting with planning, preparing lessons and developing schemes of work.
Responsibilities within the graduate teaching assistant role include providing;
- Cover Supervisor work where you will experience covering lessons and classroom management
- one to one specific tuition/interventions where you will utilise your subject knowledge to raise pupil attainment
- SEN support where you can work alongside pupils with Special Educational Needs
- In-class support in your specialist subject to enhance pupils learning experience
- Assistance with planning and preparation of lessons alongside teachers to upskill you in this area
Graduates wishing to be considered please send an updated CV via the link below or for further information on our Future Teacher's Programme please contact the Hull Secondary office to discuss the opportunities with Dave - Business Manager Hull Consultant
Posted 19 days ago