Supply Chain Manager
Gateshead, Tyne and Wear
My client is a SME manufacturing company based in Gateshead and they are looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join their team.
To deliver a complete and comprehensive supply chain coordination service between third party customer services function and the factorybased planning and warehouse teams including having sole charge of all BRC related tasks.
- Maintaining orders processing, forecasts, keep a close relationship with suppliers / sales team / warehouse to guarantee a high service level and availability for our customers.
- Seek out new opportunities where possible and provide suggestions/plan of action to improve organisation and processes.
- Maintaining relationships, purchasing strategies with suppliers and providing accuracy in pricing interface with the rest of the business is key.
- Ensuring that all orders are placed with suppliers and documented within the companys management systems.
- Ensuring that orders are progressed and that the relevant information is recorded.
- Negotiating and agreeing prices with suppliers, ensuring accuracy at all times.
- Coordinating delivery schedules with suppliers and internal departments.
- Obtaining price and delivery quotations from suppliers
- Identifying opportunities for productivity and product cost savings
- Manage and monitor all BRC requirements
- To ensure all protective clothing provided is worn as per the guidance
- To be part the Food Safety and Quality Teams
- To work within company Health and Safety Rules
- To carry out any other duties that are within the employees skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- Promote team work
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set out within the employee handbook.
Salary for this role is competitive and depending on experience.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
Posted 24 days ago