Junior Legal Counsel
Dorking, Surrey, England
£40-£50,000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
Junior Legal Counsel – Dorking - £40-£50,000 + Excellent Benefits – Permanent/Full Time
To support the UK Group companies on all legal aspects of products, business initiative and marketing matters and litigation. To partner with key stakeholders in the business to provide legal support and advice to achieve resolution of legal issues in the best interests of the Company.
- To manage own workload of legal work and to support Senior Legal Counsel with various instructions from the business including supplier contracts, litigation, insurance policy wording and interpretation, broker arrangements, broker terms of business and product initiatives.
- To independently handle contract negotiation and drafting.
- Sole responsibility for maintaining and updating contracts on the contract system.
- To review company and legal policies.
- To assist with the delivery of legal training to the business.
- To undertake legal research either on own initiative or under instruction from a qualified member of the legal team as and when required.
- To undertake ad-hoc legal work for any qualified member of the legal team as and when required.
- Ensure the continued protection of our information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with our Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- UK qualified solicitor (NQ – 2 years PQE).
- Experience in financial services sector preferable.
- Knowledge of the Financial Services industry from a group risk insurance product perspective.
- Knowledge of the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
- An understanding of income protection, critical illness and life insurance products in both the group and individual markets.
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.
Posted 17 days ago