Government & External Affairs Manager
£46000 - £69000 per annum + bonus, pension, share scheme, healthcare
Are you an established government and external affairs professional, with experience in UK public affairs, shaping regulation and creating and driving impactful engagement campaigns to influence government, civil society, media and third-party stakeholder groups?
EMR are working with a Top 10 FTSE-listed, global FMCG business to hire a Government & External Affairs Manager to help shape the UK regulatory agenda and public debate in support of delivering commercial results in a highly challenging, fast-changing sector. The permanent role is based in London and you will be responsible for devising and delivering day-to-day external engagement opportunities for the company.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading external engagement activities on behalf of the UK business with government departments and agencies, members of parliament, devolved administrations, local councils, public policy groups, NGOs and other stakeholders.
- Devising campaign strategies to shape public policy and regulation which have a direct impact on the business's financial results, including identifying opportunities to strategically leverage regulation to support the company's portfolio of products.
- Drafting high quality, clear and concise advocacy materials and position papers which communicate complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner for varied stakeholder groups.
- Monitoring, interpreting and reacting to policy, legislative and regulatory developments which impact the business and sector.
- Representing and driving the company's agenda within sector trade bodies and in the broader business community.
- Providing strategic public affairs advice to the media team to help establish regular coverage in tier 1 media which positively shapes key stakeholder and public perceptions of the company.
- Working with operating companies across the rest of the world and the company's HQ to support global engagement and media campaigns, as well as working to shape the international regulatory agenda for the sector in so far as it impacts the UK business.
- Providing strategic counsel to the marketing, finance and operations functions, ensuring regulatory and reputational risks are effectively managed and mitigation strategies put in place.
We are looking for an experienced, highly-motivated and agile team-player, who strives for results, works well in an environment where change is constant and who can manage multiple and complex regulatory issues on a day-to-day basis. The role requires someone who thrives on being challenged, is an excellent communicator and who works well under pressure.
You should have a passion for, and deep knowledge of, the UK political and media environment, as well as 6-10 years-experience working in an FMCG business, a company in a highly regulated sector, a public affairs / public relations agency which dealt with such businesses, or government.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience and are up for the challenge, please do get in contact with us.
EMR are a specialist communications recruitment agency, covering: Communications, PR, Internal Communications, Investor Relations, Stakeholder Engagement, and External Communications.
Posted 18 days ago