Payroll Manager - Glasgow | 4153 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Contract (Full time)
We are pleased to announce that SThree is looking for a Global Payroll Manager, to be based in Glasgow, although working remotely for the foreseeable future. This is a 12 month fixed-term contract, where you'll be responsible for a Global Payroll department, managing the overall accuracy of payroll processing for approximately 3000 employees in-line with business needs.
Who will you be working for?
You'll be joining SThree, a global specialist talent organisation. Priding ourselves on our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we have a number of programmes in place to ensure that our people are valued and respected every day. With a sharp focus on training and development, we go above and beyond to ensure that you have adequate support to excel in your career. Perhaps this is why 93% of our people would recommend SThree as a place to work.
What will you be doing?
The Global Payroll Manager will take full accountability for the efficient processing of a high volume payroll, to ensure efficiency and utilise best practice processes. They will also manage a high performing payroll team ensuring ongoing training and development is in place.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and control all payrolls prior to payment for accuracy and compliance.
- Management of process to ensure on time accurate payments to employees across all regions.
- Provide support for complex technical payroll activities to team and stakeholders.
- Manage relationships with external payroll providers to ensure most cost efficient, compliant, and efficient service.
- Support group projects / initiatives to ensure accurate reflection of any new commission schemes, updated legislation, new benefits in payroll.
- Support benefits teams to ensure accurate and compliant benefit processing through payroll and taxes.
- Provide payroll reporting as required (management, functional, external etc.)
- Manage payroll accounting to include recording general ledger transactions and balance sheet account reconciliations.
Leadership & Management
- Setting teams objectives and personal development plans
- Providing direction and regular communication on progress to objectives and PDP's
- 121's including coaching and goal setting
- Regular team meetings and huddles held
- Agreeing 90 day plans to review priorities of the team
- Supporting teams individual needs, personally and professionally
- Manage 1 direct reports (Team Lead) and 6 indirect reports
Risk & Controls Management
- Ensures team follow defined processes to assist delivery of a robust service.
- Create a risk and control framework which is designed to prevent incidents occurring, reviewed on a regular basis. Creating an environment that constantly reviews processes for improvement and control efficiency.
- Identify gaps in processes defined to further enhance controls.
- Ensure robust root cause analysis following any incidents and ensure processes and procedures are updated accordingly.
- Manages all audit points to conclusion updating relevant trackers and portals with progress.
- A pro-active approach to identifying impacts of new policy or legislation changes on the control framework
What skills/experience should you have?
- Previous experience of managing a demanding Payroll Department
- Management of relationships and service delivery of 3rd party payroll providers
- Strong payroll legislative and statutory knowledge
- Experienced in high level of written and oral English communication skills.
- Microsoft Office (Advanced).
- Solid understanding of payroll and accounting concepts - country specific.
- SAP experience (advantageous)
- Analytical skills
What can we offer you?
We pride ourselves on being a true meritocracy, where our employee's hard work is valued and rewarded.
- Competitive salary and performance related bonus scheme
- Competitive holiday allowance with the opportunity to buy extra days
- Five paid days off per year for volunteering
- Extensive employee benefits system
We look forward to hearing from you.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...