Land Manager - Ringwood | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Ringwood, Hampshire, England
£45000 - £55000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
We are currently working on an exciting opportunity working for a high end Housebuilder. Due to their continued growth there is now a requirement for a full time Land Manager to join the team and drive the acquisition of new development sites.
To be considered for this role you will need to be an experienced Land Buyer or a Land Manager who has a background in the acquisition of development sites across Hampshire & Wiltshire. You will be looking to acquire sites both for development by the business, but also to sell to other developers.
* Identifying and appraising potential new sites, both for internal and external development.
* Presenting detailed financial appraisals to the directors along with evidence led justifications
* Maintaining a network of contacts, inclusive of agents, private landowners, local authorities and utility companies
* Liaising with outside consultants (architects, engineers, planners etc.) to produce viable schemes
* Working closely with colleagues and external consultants in order to take sites through the planning stage
* Briefing solicitors with progress matters diligently through the contract
* Working with the team to review developments periodically and understand the company product to give consideration to future phases/developments
* Promote long-term development sites via the local authorities’ emerging local/neighbourhood plans
* To assess competitor’s past sites to understand values and how the schemes achieved planning
* Good knowledge of the land market in the operating areas of the company and be able to identify opportunities
* Sound working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and be able to produce cost appraisals and plot analysis
* Experience of using Argus Developer appraisal software, or similar
* High degree of numeracy skills
* Good knowledge of planning law and policy
* To be able to negotiate with public and private sector