Accounting and Financial Reporting - Guildford | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Accounting and Financial Reporting Supervisor
Guildford, Surrey, England
Permanent (Full time)
Overall job purpose
You will be a key member of the growing Accounting and Business Advisory team based in Guildford. You will be responsible for working on a broad range of accounting, financial reporting and and business advisory assignments. A supervisor is expected to complete technically challenging projects and to begin to manage a portfolio of clients. You will be working directly with the Financial Reporting Partner in the department which will create many opportunities to develop your technical and client handling skills.
A strong understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles under UK GAAP is essential- experience with IFRS is highly desirable. Experience of working under other specialist GAAPs is also desirable.
- Taking the lead on delivering complex accountancy related projects for clients as they arise, for example IFRS transition work, the writing of accounting opinions and advice under UK GAAP and IFRS and detailed review of financial performance. If this work is new to you, you will be coached, trained, and supervised as necessary.
- To act as a focal point of contact with the clients. To communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner immediately. To identify and form suggested solutions.
- Management of a portfolio of clients and projects, including client care responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To provide insights to our clients drawing on the firm’s depth of resources and help to introduce other service lines as you build those relationships
- To deliver excellent client service. The position will involve significant client interaction.
- To ensure that assignments are undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, especially the audit and corporate tax teams. To ensure that agreed deadlines are met and significant issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Utilising Excel/Word and CCH AP 2 to produce working papers and financial statements.
- Dealing with cost management, billing and other administrative issues relating to the portfolio.
- To act as a coach to more junior members of the team and to participate in staff training and supervision as required.
- A willingness to travel to client’s premises is required. However, the significant proportion of work is office-based (currently home based) working within our fast-growing team.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- ACA Qualified or equivalent.
- UK GAAP and financial reporting experience.
- Experience of working in a professional practice.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of working with clients.
- Experience of supervision of junior staff.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
- A practical knowledge of IFRS.
- Working alongside an audit team.
- CCH or similar professional accounts preparation packages.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.