Director - East London | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Director, Programmes and Operations
East London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Director, Programmes and Operations
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)
- Full Time / Part time: Full Time
- Regular / Temporary: Regular Contract
- *Salary: Minimum salary £60,000.*Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
- Benefits:Pension Contribution;Enjoy flexible work arrangements and an appreciation for work/life balance.
- Location: London, England
- *Reports to:*Europe Regional Director, based in Scotland.
Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
Does the idea of leading a business through growth and expansion excite you?
Are you comfortable with change and can you unite and lead successful teams?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
We are looking for an individual/ thought leader to drive the growth of our England and Wales programmes, as Director, Programmes and Operations. Your passion for driving strong business results through creative and intentional programme development will support student learning goals and increase/grow enrolment. You will work with programme operations and senior leadership to design, operationalize and launch programs that support IFSA’s commitments and values. This role relies on collaboration, a strategic mindset, and an ability to design and execute programmes that enhance the student experience. You will be able to work successfully independently and as part of a larger, global cross-functional team. You possess exceptional analytical, programme management, problem solving, and communication skills, and can effectively interact and influence all levels within the organisation.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build programmes with the same focus. If you share our unwavering commitment to Inclusive Excellence and want to join a community that actively strives to improve in all that we do, IFSA is the place for you.
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
- Serving as thought leader for the strategic direction and execution of our England/Wales Programmes in close partnership with Academic Programmes with an overall goal to grow enrollment and offerings in alignment with student and partner needs.
- Delivering academic and experiential learning programmes and co/extracurricular activities that consistently meet or exceed the expectations of students and sending institutions.
- Leveraging your existing network and outreach skills to identify nurture relationships and partnerships across academic institutions and industry; identifying new opportunities for organizational growth and diversification in alignment with IFSA’s mission, vision and commitments.
- Working closely with our Health and Safety team to ensure we deliver on our promise of student safety, health and wellness as a priority, overall as well as during a critical incident response.
- Partnering closely with all faculty, housing and service providers to ensure an exceptional student experience on our programmes.
Requirements, Work Experience and Education
- Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible work experience; desired industries include study abroad, higher education, hospitality, tourism, non-profit; with at least three years working in the UK and five years in a leadership capacity.
- Demonstrated success with innovation and initiative in prior work, including the ability to propose and implement strategies to support organizational priorities.
- Evidence of exceptional verbal, superior interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts to audiences of various knowledge levels and backgrounds.
- An existing network within higher education or industry from which to develop opportunities.
- Success in engaging with and supporting students with diverse lived experiences including students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students.
- Contagious enthusiasm for IFSA’s mission, vision and commitments.
- Demonstrated success working independently and proactively in dynamic environments, setting priorities based on data analysis, achieving goals, and holding yourself and others accountable for deliverables.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- The legal right to work in the UK.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
- Working on a computer, placing phone/video calls.
- Required to walk and stand for long periods of time, potentially outdoors in the heat or cold
- Occasional travel around the city of London required.
- Additional occasional required travel may include within the UK, within Europe, or to other IFSA sites around the world.
- Occasional physical activities such as arranging chairs/tables in conference room settings.
- Ability to attend regular meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV for this position via IFSA’s career page. In your cover letter, offer a compelling "Why" statement as to your suitability to the role using the job responsibilities and organizational commitments as a framework.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.