Senior Quantity Surveyor - Brentwood | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Brentwood, Essex, England
£65000 - £75000/annum + Car Allowance
Permanent (Full time)
My client is well established a traditional housng developer based in Essex. They specialise in building new homes for the community. Working with this company gives good exposure on residential projects. This is an opportunity to work on mulitple projects across North London and leading the team of surveyors.
* Lead, support and coach your direct reports and the wider team to support their growth and development holding development reviews
* Working closely with other departments, including Land, Development and Construction
* Attend design meetings to advise on all areas that may have a cost implication
* Attend development meetings when appropriate, contract pre-start and subcontract package review meetings
* Check for contract drawings to identify errors, omissions, anomalies and areas where unnecessary cost may arise
* Receive initial tender information and assist in the preparation of the proposed tender lists and updating of subsequent procurement programmes
* Distribute design information packages and tender drawings, whilst preparing all tender documentation and letters including carrying out preliminary checks on subcontractors
* Preparing construction cost analysis, which includes analysis of quotations resulting from the tender enquiry, requesting additional and outstanding information as required
* Prepare stage payment schedules to assist in the financing of the works
* Negotiate the contract sum within the budget, including finalising costs to cover all late variations
* Issue variation orders and development changes alongside providing cost advice on major variations prior to issue.
* This will include providing monthly analysis of costs and identify possible areas of over expenditure
* Agree final accounts with subcontractors, ensuring all works have been carried out within budget and analysing costs to assist on future estimate
RICS / CIOB professional membership
Previous experience on residential schemes over £10million