Customer Service - Sutton - This Area Only | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Customer Service Administrator
Sutton - This Area Only
22000.0000 - 24000.0000
Permanent (Full time)
We have some vacancies within our customer services teams (the official title is Sales/Supply Service Representative or SSR) and we’re looking for some brilliant people to join us.
After being shown the ropes you will be the first port of call for all clients, suppliers and IMCD affiliate companies. Your days will be varied - you will be dealing with queries, responding to emails, receiving and processing orders, and working closely with your colleagues and account/product managers.
Our ideal candidate doesn’t need previous database/systems experience, nor to have worked in an office. Some of our best SSRs have joined us with a strong customer service background gained from retail, the travel sector and hospitality, or have gained experience during volunteering or a university work placement.
Let’s talk numbers. You will be working with these a lot! Taking and processing orders, passing information onto the purchasing team, so a sharp eye for detail is going to go down well.
Team spirit and using common sense are pretty crucial attributes to have when working at IMCD UK, you would be working in an environment that promotes freedom, ambition and accountability. If flexible hours are important to you, we would be happy to accommodate a reduced working pattern (30 hours minimum per week) in some of our teams.
As with any job we feel there are some key skills that will enable you to hit the ground running, these include:
- Excellent communication skills - An essential! Not only talking on the phone and building relationships with customers and suppliers of all types, but also putting together professional emails and listening to and understanding client’s orders and colleagues instructions.
- Resilient, and able to multi-task and work under pressure - No two days are the same at IMCD. We work at a fast pace, and often encounter tight deadlines. You will have demonstrable experience in working to an excellent standard when under pressure, adapting to complex or challenging situations as they arise.
- Solutions-focussed- our SSR Teams work with our internal teams and customer/suppliers to overcome challenges, solve problems, and constantly seek to improve processes. You will be resourceful, able to understand and assess a situation quickly, and calmly identify and implement solutions/ improvements.
- A can-do attitude - our values are central to all that we do. You will go a long way if you use your initiative and common sense, and are happy to roll your sleeves up and support the wider team
- Being a team player- Supporting colleagues when needed and working as part of a team is essential to your team’s success
- Being highly numerate - we work with numbers a lot on the SSR team - be it giving quotes, placing orders, preparing reports or working with spreadsheets. Being able to spot discrepancies, working with percentages and in general be comfortable working with numbers. We will ask you to undertake brief maths / numeracy, attention to detail, and written communication assessments at first stage.
- IT skills - we will happily train you on JDEdwards & Salesforce (two of our key systems), but we would like you to have a good understanding of Word and Excel and be comfortable producing emails and letters
- Administration experience- this would be really useful to have, although not essential
- GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English grade C or higher
Employer checklist, what you need to know about us
- 3000 staff globally, 180 in the UK
- Chemical sales and distribution
- Modern office based in the heart of Sutton, a stone's throw from the high street and station
- Monday to Friday hour week (with a possibility to reduce hours to min. 30 hours per week in some of our teams)
- Permanent and Fixed Term (6 month) contracts available
- 25 days holiday + great benefits
- Starting salary £22,000 (pro-rata) + bonus
If you would like to apply for this role, please click 'Apply Now'. You will be diverted to our internal recruitment page. Please complete your details and upload your CV on our internal recruitment platform to submit your application.
For attention of agencies. Whilst we see the value of using agencies from time to time, we are currently recruiting directly using an in-house recruitment partner and do not welcome speculative applications.