Financial Controller - Huntingdon | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, England
Contract (Full time)
Clover HR are recruiting on behalf of our client for an interim Financial Controller position based in Huntington, Cambridgeshire. The role is to support an up and coming Financial Controller so we need someone who has experience with training and mentoring previously and ideally from a manufacturing or engineering background.
We are looking for someone who has worked in a trading business, preferably manufacturing or engineering. You will have developed individuals into a more senior position or rounded finance professionals.
The role is part time, preferably hours a week for an initial 6-month period however, depending on training, this could be extended.
Reporting to the Managing Director, as interim Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day running of the company as well as supporting, training and mentoring the current Finance Manager.
The overall objective of this position is to have trained the Finance Manager to be confident in producing clear management accounts, finalising them to be used at board level with the confidence to take over the position full time.
- Manage and control all financial activities of the company
- Develop, reshape and produce regular monthly management accounts
- Submit monthly reporting requirements on to the parent company system
- Coordinate and prepare year end accounts for both UK and European legislation
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budgets, revised quarterly forecasts required
- Supervise and maintain the good control of the company’s cash and bank reconciliations, customer and supplier ledgers, balance sheet control of prepayments, assets register
- Ad hoc requirements from the Managing Director
To be successful you will
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) or proven experience in a similar position providing you are AAT Level 4 qualified
- Have experience working in an SME manufacturing or engineering environment
- Have a mentoring and guiding personality
- Proven experience of developing financial KPI’s that support the accurate reporting of low volume/high value production would be beneficial
- Able to work well under pressure for meet deadlines
- Have good written and verbal communications
- Be familiar with accounting packages and MS Excel
If successful you will receive
- Circa £55,000 per annum although may be negotiable depending on experience (to be pro rata)
- Approx. hours per week hours to be flexible
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays (to be pro rata)