Connected Car TCU Design & - Wharley End | Zoek UK | f128e3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer
Wharley End, Central Bedfordshire, England
£24.48 - £28.18/hour
Contract (Full time)
Working for a major automotive manufacturer in Bedford, the Connected Car TCU Design & Application Engineer will be implementing on-board telematic systems for new vehicles.
Job Duration – 12 months rolling
39 core working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-
Pay Rate: £###### plus time and a half overtime after 39 hours at £###### Salary equivalent £49-50,000 p/a
* Implementation of on-board telematics systems for Nissan vehicles manufactured in Europe and Russia.
* Generation and release of TCU configuration data for European & Russian vehicles
* Managing Tier 1 suppliers to deliver products to Quality, Cost & Timing targets.
* Coordination of in house and supplier TCU validation to Nissan design standards ahead of new SW releases
* Collaboration with Off Board Connected Car team, test teams (both on board and off board) and customer orientated engineering team to confirm system performance for remote commands
* Collaborate with Sales and Marketing teams to ensure technical solution supports business objectives & with purchasing team to support sourcing and cost definition/reduction tasks.
* Collaborate with related engineering sections to ensure all system components are packaged and connected correctly to meet all system design and regulation requirements.
* Status reporting to management at all levels.
* Bachelor or Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications, System Engineering or related.
* 2+ years experience of vehicle development with an OEM, MNO or Tier 1
* Experience delivering automotive electronic systems and features
* Experience of BOM management, component, and configuration release