In - West Midlands - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
In-House Graphic Designer - FESTIVAL UK 2022
West Midlands - This Area Only
Contract (Full time)
Closing Date: 15/07/2021
Are you looking for the opportunity to play a part in one of the biggest and most exciting creative projects in a generation?
If you are, Festival UK* 2022 working title is looking for a meticulous and inventive graphic designer to help deliver an amazing celebration of creativity, which is taking place next the year throughout the UK and aims to reach millions of people globally.
The Festival has commissioned 10 major cross-sector projects, involving unprecedented collaborations between scientists, technologists, engineers, artists and mathematicians (STEAM) from England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. With plans to announce details later this year, the UK-wide programme will include live events, digital activity and participation and learning opportunities.
With a successful track record of producing lively and engaging design for digital and offline, you'll be part of a dynamic team and bring experience and enthusiasm to the role. In helping make the Festival happen, you'll also be working alongside some of the most forward-thinking creative minds, drawn from a huge variety of backgrounds and now developing their 10 extraordinary project commissions.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be involved in a unique celebration of creativity, collaboration and bringing people together, and we'd love to hear from you.
- Create a range of high-quality cross-platform digital and offline design collateral and assets in line with the Festival's brand guidelines.
- Support the production of printed materials, delivering to agreed deadlines and budget.
- Ensure consistent brand identity across assets and channels.
- Ensure artwork reflects and is accessible to Festival UK* 2022's diverse global audiences.
- Coordinate work with project teams to deliver additional design where required, including briefing, feedback and sign-off.
- Help to build and raise the profile of the new Festival brand and the 10 creative commissions, promoting them to a global audience through visual assets.
Skills and Experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Professional experience gained in a design studio or agency, in-house, or substantial freelance.
- Taking ideas from concept to finished product whilst driving forward creativity.
- Use of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop and Premier Pro.
- Content management systems and digital asset management systems.
- Project management.
- Relevant experience within the arts or events sectors.
- Online editing and content creation for multiple digital channels.
Location: This role is based in Birmingham, England, and requires the successful candidate to be office based full-time.
Salary: £30,000-35,000 per annum
Proposed Start Date: ASAP
This position is subject to a Basic criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Festival UK* 2022 is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. We have received the Leaders in Diversity award through the National Centre for Diversity. The principles "FREDIE" (Fairness - Respect - Equality - Diversity - Inclusion and Engagement) support our aim of delivering a truly inclusive and accessible games.
As part of our commitment as a Disability Confident employer, we offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. If you wish for your application to be considered under the Disability Confident scheme, please submit a completed form with your application, which can be found on the Festival UK* 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
To apply for this role please follow the link and complete the application attaching a single document containing your CV and Covering Letter. Please also submit your disability confident/ reasonable adjustments form (if required).
On occasions where we receive a large number of applications, we may close the advert ahead of the publicised closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
We take your data privacy seriously. Before sending your application please review our applicant privacy notice which explains how we use your personal data. This can be found on the Festival UK* 2022 jobs site under the current vacancies drop down.
Advert Posted: 24/06/2021