Human Resources Officer - Chalfont Saint Peter | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Human Resources Officer
Chalfont Saint Peter, Buckinghamshire, England
Permanent (Full time)
HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Tims Dairy is a privately owned family company specialising in making high quality yogurt and cultured cream products for the retail, foodservice and ingredients sectors.
Our manufacturing site in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire, has recently been expanded to facilitate an increase in efficiency and production.
As part of the development plan, we are upgrading our Human Resources function and require an experienced, professional HR generalist who can hit the ground running and be instrumental in moving us forward to the next phase.
* Reporting to the General Factory Manager, your prime areas of responsibility will be:
* Recruitment and Selection: All stages of recruitment -identifying the vacancy, advertising, interviewing and preparing new starters’ paperwork.
* Employee Relations: Day to day conflict resolution, disciplinary procedures and promoting consistent behavioural standards.
* Training: Organising and recording training, development and coaching events throughout the factory.
* Payroll input: The accurate collating of information for the monthly payroll run.
* Legal compliance: Monitoring current employment legislation and GDPR to keep the company within the guidelines.
* Management support: Giving advice and issuing timely reminders for crucial events such as Appraisals.
* Administration: Maintaining personnel files and HR systems, training records, absences etc.
* Health and Safety: Participate as a member of the Health and Safety Committee.
* Communication: Helping the General Factory Manager to keep the lines of communication open and fostering a culture of open information exchange across the site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic HR generalist who can make a significant contribution to the smooth running of the factory.
In addition to the standard HR attributes of – good interpersonal skills, excellent organisation, high energy and tenacity, proactivity, commercial awareness and personal integrity, we have specific criteria.
The ideal person will have the passion and desire to quickly become a key member of the team by ensuring that there are no adverse HR issues preventing top class manufacture of our products. They will be seen as the ‘go to’ person for management advice and problem solving.
Skills and Experience required
* Previous HR experience within a manufacturing factory environment.
* An understanding of all aspects and processes of HR.
* Up to date knowledge of Employment Law and best practice.
* The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
* Strong IT skills.
* Flexibility when dealing with a variety of tasks.
* A CIPD qualification or equivalent would be desirable.
Location: Chalfont St Peter and Little Chalfont, Buckinghamshire.
Transport: Due to our semi-rural location, personal means of transport will be essential.
Hours: Monday to Friday, to pm 40 hours per week.
This new position is a real opportunity to further develop your HR skills by assisting in the continuing growth of Tims Dairy