Procurement Assistant - Derby | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£9.08 - £10.49/hour
Temporary (Full time)
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge this Summer!?If so, we have the perfect opportunity within the Public Sector. One of our most well established clients are currently looking for a Procurement Assistant - this is a temporary, full time post based at Cardinal Square in Derby.
Between £ - £ based on skills and - Friday: 9am - 5pm
Core Duties and Responsibilities (Key Result Areas)- To undertake duties for the Administration Manager or the senior Procurement team- Support in the ongoing analysis, review and management of spend data, identification of new contractual opportunities and update of transactional procurement rolling work plan.
- Act as first point of contact for the department, dealing with routine and specialist enquiries in a pleasant and helpful manner, communicating relevant information to stakeholders, referring to others as appropriate.
- Answer telephone calls, taking messages and passing on accurately to the relevant departments/person.
- To ensure all expenditure is undertaken in line with NHS England Standing Financial Instructions and CCG constitution documents.
- To support the timely achievement of internal Key Performance indicators including the management of savings targets, contractual spend targets and individual customer specific targets.
- Support in the management of a range of corporate contracts including but not limited to IT, Telecoms, Travel, FM, Agency, Capital.
- Responsible for organising meetings and planning any administrative work as required. Use on-line travel booking system to book train tickets and hotel accommodation.
- Develop and Maintain constructive relationships with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Participate in relevant internal and external working groups/projects, services, and initiatives which may be highly complex, sensitive, political, and contain contentious information with the aim of providing information and analytical advice to the teams.
- Deliver against organisational objectives, achieving quality outcomes, prioritising own workload and working to tight deadlines.
High levels of concentration will be required to undertake detailed information analysis of spend data and specific projects/reports. The post holder will not be required to exert physical effort to carry out duties required for this role. There will be frequent sitting for a substantial part of the
working day. There is a requirement for the post holder to concentrate on work elements and there may be conflicting and competing requirements. The role will require post holders to deal appropriately with sensitive information. There may be exposure to distressing or emotional topics because of the clinical services required by our customer base. The aim of Arden & GEM CSU is to coach and support individuals through these work/life experiences The role is office based with occasional travel to Arden and GEM CSU internal and external customers across a wide geographical area required. Although working from home is currently in place due to COVID-19
If you are interested in this position or would like more information, then please apply online or give us a call on (phone number removed)