Supervisors - London | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
London, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Job title – Supervisor
Salary – £23,000
Working Pattern - 42 hours per week, weekend work is essential
Location – London
This is an exciting opportunity to join Tian Tian Market. As a Supervisor of the store, you will help run the day-to-day operations.
This will be a challenging role as the company aims to grow & implement best practice policies & processes which will be used at existing & new stores. You will need to be self-motivated & have a positive, successful attitude. Experience working in a similar role is essential. Knowledge or interest in South East Asian food products is advantageous.
You will manage staff & maintain store procedures/policies.
* Open or close the store (when responsible for the first or last shift)
* Delegate tasks to shop assistants and supervise their performance
* Train/develop staff when required
* Maintain a fully stocked inventory and assist with returns
* Manage customer queries & complaints
* Help prepare staff weekly staff rota’s and arrange to have shifts covered (. when employees take time off)
* Help staff resolve on-the-job challenges
* Track daily costs
* Balance the cash registers at the end of the shift
* Manage all stock deliveries & returns
* Inform the next Shift Manager/supervisor about pending tasks
* Ensure & help manage all company best practice & policies
* Report maintenance and training needs
* Be a designated First Aider during shift
* Fire Warden during shift
* Proven experience as a Team Leader/Supervisor or relevant role in a retail environment
* Availability to work different shifts, including weekends
* Fluent in English & Chinese (Desirable)
* Knowledge of retail store procedures
* A customer service approach with the ability to manage complaints with professionalism
* Excellent organizational skills
* Team management experience
* Not afraid to get stuck in
* 3+ years retail experience
* Excellent communication skills
* Knowledge or interest in South East Asian food products
What you'll receive:
You receive a competitive salary, 28 days leave (including bank holidays), staff discount & company support for any additional training
The process will include a telephone/video interview and a face-to-face meeting. We look forward to receiving your application.
Please note your employment is conditional upon the Company's receipt of satisfactory references