Deputy Care Manager - Aylestone | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Deputy Care Manager
Aylestone, Leicester, England
£23000 - £25000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
About the Company
Our aim at Kirklands Healthcare is to offer the highest standards of professional care and comfort in a warm, friendly and homely environment. We understand that each individual has different needs and that’s why our homes provide person centred care to support and care for each individual as required.
Responsible To: Care home Manager and Directors
Main Objectives of the post:
* To assist the Manager in all aspects of the operational management of the home.
* To take responsibility for management of the home in the absence of the manager.
* To be part of the Management Team responsible for the overall management and day to day running of the home in accordance with National Care Standards and current Company policies, ensuring the highest obtainable standard of care and support is provided to all residents within home.
* To contribute and participate in providing quality care and life experiences based upon the six basic values of privacy, dignity, independence, choice, rights and fulfilment.
* To assist in the recruitment and selection of new staff.
* To assist in the Induction Program of all staff.
* To assist in the training profile achievements of all staff.
* To assist in the performance and supervision of all staff.
* To assist in the overall daily management of the home by taking responsibility for coordinating activities during a shift as required.
* To supervise care workers/ancillary on a day-to-day basis in order to maintain high standards of care practice.
* To ensure that care staff are working towards the agreed needs of individual residents as identified in Care Plans.
* To ensure that care staff are appreciative of the needs and wishes of each individual by supervision of their care practice.
* To support and advise new and less experienced staff in the implementation of procedures and resident guidelines.
* To facilitate good communication within all levels of the staff team.
* To work with all staff in providing an effective 24-hour service and to demonstrate a reasonable degree of flexibility to ensure all shifts are covered with the required staffing levels.
* To participate in providing on-call support out-of-hours to staff on shift.
* To ensure Disciplinary and Grievance matters are handled sensitively, promptly and that Procedure is followed at all times.
* To undertake any temporary duties as required by the Home Manager in times of emergency.
* To work within the main provisions of the Mental Health Act, the Community Care Act, The Employment Act and the Health and Safety Act.
* Promote and ensure the good reputation of the Care home.
* Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
* Ensure the security of the Care Home is maintained at all times
* Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined time scales.
* Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you.
** This list is not exhaustive, you may be required to carry out duties not mentioned but are essential to the smooth running of all our homes