Support Worker - Tyne and Wear - This Area Only | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Tyne and Wear - This Area Only
Permanent (Full time)
Are you looking for a diverse role that is fun, stimulating and rewarding every day? If so we are currently looking for a Support Worker to join our team at our Danesfield Service in Jarrow.
Our Danesfield service consists of 13 flats and 2 bungalows and is home to 15 service users with mental health and learning difficulties. Each flat has an en-suite bathroom, kitchen and laundry facilities. The Communal areas in the main building include a main entrance/seating area, lounge and tea making facilities and a large walled garden. At this service you will join an experienced staff team with a passion for person centred support!
Support Worker Duties:
• Provide person centred care, supporting service users to reach their full potential and maximise opportunities in their lives,
• Provide support to people in all aspects of their daily lives and focus on developing their overall independence and skills,
• You will assist our service users with activities such as theatre shows, cinema, eating out and enjoying days out to Beamish, local theme parks and days out to the beach!
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• Free 24/7 counselling and employee support programme,
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate,
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff,
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out of hour’s teams.
The service has great public transport links, located close to a bus route and metro station.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
If this sounds like a job for you, and you would like the exciting opportunity to make a difference to your life and our service users then please contact us. For informal enquiries please contact Ann McColl######### and Jo Lowrey .