Building Inspector - Leeds | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Leeds, Kent, England
£38000 - £55000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
South East – Kent
£38,000 - £55,000 DOE
My client is an industry leading provider of Structural Insurance with an international presence and a respected brand. With a UK wide presence in the Insurance and Warranty sector my client is an award-winning company and as such are always looking for talented Building Inspectors and Building Control Surveyors to join them. With an in-house training team, they focus on developing the team they have in place and offering all the support those joining them are usually longing for.
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for the client. My client are now looking in the South East area including Kent, Ashford and surrounding areas.
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
* Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations by carrying out site inspections at all key stages of the construction projects from the foundation stage through to the CML Stage.
* Effectively self-manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
* Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
* Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
* Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
* Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
* Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
* Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
* Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills
* Professional Membership required: Part / Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / ACABE / LICWCI or similar. Desirable but not essential.
* Previous Experience required: Knowledge of this profession and understand of the legislation and standards that govern it. Have a good understanding of building pathology.
* Further Desirable requirements: Can process a lot of data, be able to prioritise, have good situational awareness, be adaptable and have good IT skills. Be comfortable in clearly and concisely documenting and reporting on activities for future reference.
* We are looking to recruit a professional individual to join an established team of risk management surveyors who inspect and sign off properties on behalf one of the largest structural warranty providers in the UK market. Within a given geographical area, our risk-based inspection process encompasses, frequent travel and communication to help, assist and report on builders and developers, assessing projects early for key risk area of construction, setting up inspection plans, promoting and enforcing compliance with standards and ensuring risk is managed effectively on behalf of all stakeholders
* Relevant BC, plan check, and site inspection experience or relevant Warranty experience, an a combination of both.
* In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
* Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
* Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
* Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
* The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
* Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
Benefits & Awards
What’s on offer for this role?
* Competitive salary
* Bonus Scheme
* Fuel Allowance
* Professional Fees Paid (Certified training (CPD)
* Mobile phone and laptop
* Private medical insurance
* 25 days + Statutory + Charity Day
About ATS Recruitment
ATS Recruitment are a specialist agency supplying skilled candidates into the high technology engineering and construction industries on both a permanent and contract basis.
We are extremely experienced and knowledgeable about the sectors we recruit into and have several large national (UK) and international clients who repeatedly use our services.
Please visit our website for our latest roles and news