Insight & Innovation Specialist - Redditch | 30076 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Insight & Innovation Specialist
Redditch, Worcestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
About the role
The Group Innovation team at DS Smith were established in 2019, with the mandate to initiate, develop and support the deployment of breakthrough innovations that can deliver significant value to our customers and the company. This position is based out of our central Group Innovation Design & Testing Hub in Redditch (UK), with flexibility to work from home occasionally.
As our Insight & Innovation Specialist, you will work within the Ideation subset of the Group Innovation team, on a wide range of diverse projects, requiring different skills and focusses, working with a variety of internal and external partners. The position will give you fantastic exposure to the creative network at DS Smith, giving plenty of opportunity for growth and career progression. It’s an exciting part of the business to join, at the forefront of innovation in our industry, working on game-changing concepts and systems.
Within the role, you will work closely with our Innovation & Concept Development Manager, supporting with coordination and project management of the initial ideation and development phases of our project workstreams. One part of your role will be to provide structure to the team’s resource planning process and project tracking, to ensure that we operate efficiently.
Your responsibilities will be wide ranging, so we’re looking for someone with an inquisitive and curious mindset, and the flexibility to get involved in different areas of the business. For example, you will need to: collate information on industry trends and content for monthly reports; manage systems and processes; facilitate and contribute to workshops and ideation scoping sessions; support the creation of testing and development programmes; as well as looking after general administrative tasks for the team.
- An excellent communicator, collaborative, personable, organised, structured, inquisitive, enthusiastic, with excellent attention to detail
- A background in design, insight, innovation or marketing
- Experience of project management processes and tools
- Able to understand and interpret data, and to create high quality presentation material
- Comfortable using Microsoft Office applications
- A strong understanding of the packaging industry, DS Smith and their customers
- Knowledge of corrugate design, conversion, supply chain and manufacturing processes
- 25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays?
- Discretionary bonus
- Pension and share scheme
- Life assurance and income protection
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme and shopping discounts