London, Greater London, England
£26,009.44 per year
Permanent (Full time)
About The Role
Due to our continued organisational growth and development opportunities for our current staff, we are recruiting for Support Workers to join our staff team in An Diadan.
About the position:
As a Support Worker, you will be key in supporting young adults with complex needs. We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious individual who can offer complete commitment to supporting our young adults to fulfil their potential. This is a challenging role with huge rewards.
What will you be doing:
• Working with the staff team across all levels to safeguard our young adults at all times.
• Participating in a wide range of innovative and exciting recreational events held within the home and wider community.
• Assisting with practical tasks relating to care. For example, cooking and cleaning.
• Creating positive relationships with the young adults, maintaining dignity and respect at all times.
• Meeting the physical, emotional, behavioural and cultural needs of the young adults.
• Continually maintaining accurate and clear record keeping.
• Ensuring that the needs of the young adults are being met and regularly reviewing and recording any changes to their needs.
• Actively contributing to the development of the team.
What experience and qualifications do you need:
• A genuine passion for care and to be motivated by contributing to the progression of others.
• A strong team player
• Resilient and confidence to ask for support as needed
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Computer literacy
• A Diploma Level 2 in Health & Social Care or a willingness to complete this
What will you get in return:
• A competitive salary.
• Extensive training packages with time rostered out of your work rota to attend.
• Life Assurance
• Genuine career development opportunities for those who want them.
• A beautiful home and grounds to work within.
• Fully funded DBS checks
About Kisimul Group
Kisimul Group Ltd are a group of independent specialist schools and adult provisions providing exceptional residential care and award-winning education to children, young people and adults with a diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe and complex learning difficulties, global development delay and associated challenging behaviour.
Kisimul is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults, children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Kisimul is committed to valuing diversity and promoting equality for all
All applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS Check. Kisimul Group Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Due to government legislation coming into effect on 11th November 2021, all staff working in a CQC regulated adult care home must be fully vaccinated (having received 2 doses) against COVID-19. This means you must have received your first dose by 15th September 2021