Financial Controller SME - Camden Area | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Financial Controller SME
Camden Area, Greater London, England
£60000 - £65000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Qualified candidate with a diverse skill set and strong advisory skills is needed for an exciting new role:
The individual’s role will be varied and incorporate a wide range of financial skills. You will be expected to work very closely with both Partners and colleagues, as well as provide support and guidance to business owners/directors/corporate boards.
Although the portfolio will be varied and you may work with finance teams to support their needs, you will also be seen by many clients as their 'Head of Finance/FD/FC’ and will often be seen as part of their senior team.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, conscientious and articulate. You will play a critical role in providing management information and support for corporate boards, business owners, directors and managers. You will be required to present and interpret the financials in a succinct and effective way to enable 'non-finance’ stakeholders to understand the numbers and make effective business decisions.
You will also be required to support, train and mentor more junior members of internal staff
Reporting & Internal Control
* Overall responsibility for various financial reports, which will include P&L, cashflow, balance sheet, forecasting and budgeting.
* Oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts, ensuring adherence to reporting timetables, accuracy of information and suitable and appropriate reporting.
* Build and manage relationships with the leadership team and the wider business to help drive strategic decision-making
* Provide financial and commercial insight and advice the enables the business to develop and execute its business strategy
* Be an integral part of the senior team responsible for executing strategy
* Support with the production of statutory accounts when appropriate.
* Support with the production of corporation tax returns when appropriate.
Budgeting and Forecasting
* Working with some clients to advise and help on preparing their forecasts, budgets and working capital models.
People & Stakeholder Management
* Excellent stakeholder management skills .
* Be a key point of contact for all your clients.
* Manage financial system projects for both new and existing clients; upgrades to existing system; implementing process and system changes.
The successful candidate should be a passionate and experienced Manager who has strong process and business partnering skills. The successful candidate will be a highly competent and motivated accountant who has the personality to work with different stakeholders across a portfolio of clients. You should:
* Be dynamic and adaptable
* Have experience working with a portfolio of clients
* Have the ability to work with high-growth and fast moving businesses
* Have strong attention to detail
* Be able to focus on the strategic needs of businesses
* Be an excellent communicator
We would expect the successful candidate to be ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified and possess several years’ experience in commercial positions. You should be able to demonstrate credibility and experience of adding value within SME businesses, and be commercially aware and committed