Interim Food Production Manager RTC - Sleaford | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Interim Food Production Manager RTC
Sleaford, Lincolnshire, England
£350/day + Other Benefits
Contract (Full time)
GBR Recruitment Ltd are working exclusively with a leading food company recruiting for an experienced Interim Food Production Manager to work on a 3 months interim fixed term contract overseeing the Chilled Reday to Cook Food Processing activity on rostered days working 12 hour shifts, working 3's & 2's 6am to 6pm.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a progressive Food company that believes in developing it's employee's & offering real career progression / L&D opportunities.
As a key member of the sites Senior Management team, you will provide front line leadership across the fresh produce production operation, ensuring set productivity targets are achieved / exceeded, with a focus on quality of finished product, continuous improvement measures, LEAN working principles, zero waste culture & developing a cross trained team of Operatives.
If you are a real foodie who has experience of working as an Interim Production Manager, Interim Factory Manager or Interim Shift Manager within Low & High care food production facilities then this could be just the opportunity you have been seeking.
Oversee all production operations including the following:
* Overseeing several direct reports (Supervisors) & ranging from 60 - 100+ In directs (Line Operatives) depending on volume of work / orders
* Managing all working processes in line with the companies H&S Policy & Quality Policy.
* Effective RTC production planning and production flow in line with customer specifications.
* Stringent labour planning & overheads cost control (including agency) KPI’s vs standards & budget.
* Involved with material planning, availability and yield KPI’s vs standards & operational budgets.
* Manage all working processes within the production facility meeting HSE criteria, including RIDDOR & Accidents
* Effectively manage all working processes within to meet BRC and other external and internal audit criteria, including CCP’s, GMP, Complaints, Non-Conformances and Audit readiness.
* Manage customer service level (SLA’s) to business agreed targets and build positive feedback lines of communication with internal / external customers.
* Manage the daily / weekly planning of resources (labour, materials, equipment) to ensure optimum productivity with minimum downtime.
* Actively drive profitability of the production operation, ensuring KPI’s are continuously monitored & achieved, with real action based reporting at Daily / Weekly / Monthly platforms / scorecards.
* Manage Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), to meet and exceed Training requirement compliance, building a cross trained team capable of 365 skills cover on CCP’s & Core Skills.
* Liaise with other business functions; Fresh, Despatch / Supply Chain, Prepared / B2B, Technical (internal and customer facing), NPD, Hygiene, Engineering, HR, Accounts, Suppliers / Contractors, to support the above responsibilities.
* Coaching, mentoring & developing the Factory team
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
* Experienced within a Senior Management role within Food Manufacturing
* Used to managing teams of - 100 Operatives as well as several direct reports, with a real hands on approach.
* Experienced in Ready to Cook food product lines
* Time served in a comparable Management role
* Strong Financial / Budgeting Skills (P&L)
* Strong CI, LEAN, Waste Reduction skills
* Strong coaching, mentoring & people development skills (cross training individuals & teams)
* Strong communicator at all levels with the ability to mentor, coach & develop others
* Able to drive efficiencies whilst maintaining product quality & keeping costs down
* PC Literate (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Available ASAP / Immediately
This role is commutable from: Sleaford, Newark, Spalding, Boston, Bourne, Grantham, Navenby, Leasingham, Skegness, Horncastle, Spilsby, Woodhall Spa, Metheringham, Bardney, Retford, Worksop, Gainsborough, Market Rasen, Louth, Doncaster, Scunthorpe, Brigg, Grimsby, Mablethorpe, Welton, Saxilby & other areas across Lincolnshire, North Lincolnshire & Nottinghamshire
Immediate start this week or next so Apply Today