Water Resources Service Area Lead - London | Zoek UK | f2ceb4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Water Resources Service Area Lead - Associate Director
London, Greater London, England
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Water Resources Service Area Lead. You will be an experienced and authoritative water resources professional with strong links across the water sector. You will lead the UK water resources service area delivering projects to water companies, regional groups, regulators and government in the UK. You will support clients to holistically understand the resilience of their existing water resource systems and how this may change due to population growth, environmental pressures, under extreme droughts and through climate change impacts.
You will be responsible for updating the water resources strategy, leading the development of our water resources team, delivery of consultancy projects and project management. You will take a key role in business development and use your professional network to help deliver growth within the UK and internationally. You will have a thorough understanding of the UK water resources planning process and a speciality in at least one water resource discipline (. water resource modelling, hydrological modelling, climate change modelling, options appraisal, decision-making under uncertainty) and a proven track record of applying these skills on consultancy projects across the water sector such as for Water Companies, Regional Water Resources Groups, the Environment Agency, UKWIR and wider industry. The level of responsibility and seniority of this role can be tailored to fit the right applicant. Flexible on location in order secure the best person for the job, and can offer locations across the UK, including London, Reading, Bristol, Shrewsbury and Newcastle-upon-Tyne.
As a key member of our Water Management team, you will be focused on setting the strategy, winning and delivering water resources work across the UK water sector and internationally. This will include leading the delivery of projects, often acting as project manager and the primary point of contact between Wood and our clients. Your work will be varied but will include technical, management and commercial responsibilities. Key responsibilities include:
- Setting the strategy for the future development of our water resources team.
- Leading water resources modelling projects that support the development of Water Resource Management Plans and Drought Plans for UK water companies.
- The selection and application of advanced decision-making tools and risk-based planning methods from the EA guidelines and UKWIR methodologies.
- Project management and acting as primary point of contact with our clients developing excellent professional relationships.
- Leading the preparation of winning proposals, and the development of new business influencing the future success of the wider team.
- Providing technical guidance, training and support to junior colleagues
- Playing a key role in growing the technical capability, knowledge and innovation base to develop new services for our clients , you will be expected to keep up-to-date with the latest policy and regulatory
Skills / Experience
- Significant experience in water resources planning in consultancy, water company, regulatory or academic fields
- Demonstrable experience of leading water resources/drought management planning projects as well as analysis through the skilled use of associated tools.
- You will have experience working with or for the UK water industry and an in-depth knowledge of the policy and regulatory context including the Water Resource Planning Guidelines.
- You should have strong project management experience, including management of project teams, and be comfortable managing challenging projects;
- Successful track record in managing client and stakeholder relationships.
- Track record in developing new business through client relationships and proposal writing.
- You should have strong numerate and analytical skills, and be able to apply these to analysing problems and finding solutions to novel challenges.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write high quality concise reports
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- A first degree in a relevant environmental, geographical, science or engineering discipline is essential.
- An MSc or PhD in water resources, water engineering, hydrology, climate science or related discipline is desirable.
- You will have gained, or be working towards chartership with a relevant professional body;
For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on######### ext 280 or email bdempster######-
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...