Trainee Bus Driver - Oldbury | 29354 | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Trainee Bus Driver - West Bromwich
Oldbury, Sandwell, England
£9.50 - £10.44/hour
Permanent (Full time)
We have fantastic opportunities in West Bromwich for individuals interested in becoming a fully qualified Bus Driver connecting our customers and being part of providing fantastic customer service that National Express is known for. Whether you are at the beginning of your career, looking for a different line of work or simply searching for a new challenge, becoming a National Express Bus Driver may be the right job for you. (We also have opportunities for fully qualified PCV Drivers)
Our Bus Driver Academy will help you gain the skills and knowledge needed to become a full PCV licence holder. Experienced National Express PCV instructors will guide you through the whole process including the driving theory and driving practical exams.
Our extensive training and development offerings include:
* Full PCV (Passenger Carrying Vehicle) training worth over £3,000 providing you with a qualifications for life
* Free medicals as well as being paid for your time to undertake necessary medicals for CPC renewal
* Guidance whilst passing all modules of the PCV licence acquisition
* CPC training and continuous training to ensure you keep your hard earned qualifications
* Extensive route learning and vehicle familiarisation before you hit the road for the first time
* Company specific training such as ticket machines, processes, systems, defensive driving techniques and much more
* Endless opportunities for progression within the business including our award winning Master Driver Programme (including free IAM membership)!
By joining our West Bromwich garage you will learn from one of our many Master Drivers and Driver Training Assessors. As a Trainee Bus Driver you will be supported in all parts of the job, preparing you to start your new challenge with National Express. You will learn all necessary driving rules and regulations, health and safety elements of the Bus Driver role as well as how to provide outstanding customer service to our passengers.
What we offer in return for your hard work and commitment:
* Guaranteed 38 hours of work per week of which you will often know your shifts up to a year in advance with availability to work overtime
* Free Bus travel for you and your partner as well as free nationwide National Express coach travel for you, and 50% off for up to 4 family members!
* Free uniform provided for your role including safety shoes
* Great company pension with life assurance included
* Over 4 weeks holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays (21 days rising to 22 after 5 years’ service)
* Variety of shifts with various working hours
* A variety of deals and discounts via NX online portal including travel, days out, cinema, mobile, car and many more
* Access to our award winning Health Buzz; providing free and accessible health checks to fit around your schedule
* Employee Assistance Programme
* The opportunity to join sports and social clubs as well as discounted gym membership at over 3,000 gyms across the UK
* To reward you for your dedication, we offer fantastic long service awards at key milestones